Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > A record of downloads    

A record of downloads

teacher jessie
Argentina

A record of downloads

A few days ago I was CLEANING UP my computer and accidentally I deleted a folder with most of the worksheets I had downloaded from this site. I know I lost lot of material but I can �t remember exactly every single worksheet.
Would it possible to keep a record in our account of the stuff that we download, so if you happened to have an ACCIDENT, you could download everything again?

23 Feb 2010      

gloriawpai
Brazil

You may still recover your ws. Have you checked your recycle bin? 

23 Feb 2010     

teacher jessie
Argentina

Yes, but there isn �t anything there because I use a combination of keys to delete (shift+del), so when you delete, it �s for good (or bad in this case LOL).
Besides, my husband tried to help me recover some files, but they were all gone. Cry
Never mind, now I �m used to the idea of not having my files. I was just thinking about a possibility to have a back up in our accounts.

23 Feb 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

ohhhh, I am not sure about a record of WSs in our accounts. I think someone has already asked about this before but that was impossible to do because the site then would get overloaded and it would be difficult to get free space for everything.

I recommend to always save your docs on any other disc rather than disc C and create a shortcut on the desktop. This way, you will ahve a chance to restore your docs even if the system crashes. At least the computer guy said so lol .

23 Feb 2010     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

When you first download an ESL printable on our XP computer at work it goes into a temp file, I then resave it in my own "From ESL printables" folder, see if the same happens for you, they might all still be in the temp file, i forget what it �s called, but if you get a new worksheet you should see where it goes initially.

23 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Hello,

I �m very sorry for that.
It would be nice to keep a record of every member �s downloads, but I �m afraid it would be too much for the database.

23 Feb 2010     

teacher jessie
Argentina

Yes, Kate, I know that, but it �s just a bit difficult to do it every time you download something, isn �t it?
Rabbitwho, you �re right, in my computer they go to the DOWNLOAD folder, but that �s what I was cleaning up in the first place in order to make some space.
Everybody, thanks anyway.

23 Feb 2010     

lshorton99
China

Even if you deleted them from your recycle bin, I �m pretty certain they �ll be on your computer somewhere! Take your computer to an expert and ask them to find the documents.

23 Feb 2010     

vardaki
Cyprus

Go to start and type in Start Search "AppData" and Enter. Select "Local" and Enter. Select "Temp

23 Feb 2010     

eng789
Israel

Vardaka - wow,  thanks. 

But what is all that stuff and is it clogging up my hard disc??

Barbara

23 Feb 2010