Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > ---    

---

blunderbuster
Germany

---

---

23 Feb 2010      

dosjulia
Spain

Hi Regina,
I completely agree with you. I �m new here but I have already observed this sad fact, and even had the possibility to speak about it with frenchfrog when downloading her valuable tutorials!
I know sometimes we are in a hurry, but....can �t we really find some seconds to say thank you? Maybe we can even return in a later moment to add more deep comments. But saying thank you takes just so little!!
I �m sure it takes all of us a lot of effort and time to do the work we are sharing here...at least it does to me! So I �m always grateful when I find people who say even just a simple "Thanks".
But as you wisely say...we are people...as in real life!!
Take care!!
Julia

23 Feb 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I always thank a person - and if there are corrections, I usually send a Personal message.
I also thank people because I save worksheets by title and name. That way I can always find that person again and check to see if they have made other good things.
For example:
prepositions by Zailda

It �s a good way to keep things in order and to remember who made what.

And often I come across a worksheet and have forgotten if I had already downloaded
it before........... (being busy sometimes makes me forgetful) so I just scroll down to see if my name is in the comment box.
So I thank them at the same time.

L

23 Feb 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi,
i must admit that I don �t say thanks every single times... but when I see a nice set (2 or 3 ws) and i �ve downloaded the whole, i always send one message to say thanks. if i �m impressed by the ws - because it surprised me, because it was different from other ws... - i do say thanks... but it �s true that if i �m the 50ieth person to download a ws and there �s already a dozen comments, i do not say thank you... SHAME ON ME!
but when i see that i �ve downloaded many ws from a member, i always say thanks...
well no one is perfect! it �s true we should all take some time to say thanks, it only takes a few seconds, but... we �re only human!
i �ll do my best, and i �m sure we will all do our best to say thanks more often!

so i �ll say it now:
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR GREAT WORK!!! Clap

take care!
Elodie

P.S.: if there�s a mistake/ a problem in the ws, i always had a comment, just so the author knows and corrects his/her mistakes...

23 Feb 2010     

anamaxi
Germany

Hi,
I always thank a person for their worksheets but I have to admit that I rarely take a closer look when I download them; I just don �t have the time. Usually I only have a glimpse at them to see whether they might be useful for me, but I wouldn�t be able to point out anything in detail.
I have to admit though that I do not download anything if I see too many mistakes (I am not talking about the occasional typo or minor grammatical error here) either in the description or in the worksheet itself. IMO this indicates some sloppiness on the part of the person who posted it.
Since I am fairly new here, I am grateful for libertybelle �s suggestion of saving the worksheets by title and name. I will definitely do that in the future.

But let me now thank everyone on this great site for their work - it �s really a cornucopia of creativity! :-)

But I was wondering about one thing: I noticed that very colorful worksheets are downloaded much more frequently than B/W ones. I do not quite understand that, because in Germany we can usually only make B/W copies for our students anyway - it would just be too expensive otherwise.
How is it in your countries? What �s the use of colored worksheets for you?

23 Feb 2010     

silviamontra
Spain

I also agree with you all.
Libertyvelle: your idea is great.
anamaxi: I have also thought about that many times. Obviously the coloured WS look much nicer than the B/W ones, but here in my school I also give students B/W copies, so I don �t really understand the thing. This colour has sometimes even prevented me from downloading something, because I thought that in B/W that would lose a lot of its value.
And to the general matter ... I also brought up the topic a few months ago. It really is a pity we don �t take time to say thank you. I must admit that I usually only say "thanks for sharing", not very original, definetely not personal at all, but I would hate to download something and say nothing in return.
We are all stressed, short of time or whatever, but we really should think about the amount of hours people spend creating the WS and the amount of hours we can save because of these WS.
I also want to say THANK YOU TO YOU ALL who create these useful wonderful WS, and to those who are just learning how to make them, such as me, thank you too for simply sharing.
I love this webpage and the way it works, this give AND take thing. And I wish we didn �t take  things for granted.
Kisses to all of you from Spain.

23 Feb 2010     

yolprica
Spain

I agree with you all. We should say THANK YOU. I always do it because it is the best reward a person can have after working hard on a worksheet but in general people don �t think the same and it �s a pity.
Yolanda

23 Feb 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

I always leave at least a �thanks �. Someone put thought, work,  time and effort in a sheet and offers it to me for free. It seems that saying thanks is the least I can do.
From the few thanks you comments I received I know it gives a really good feeling to know someone appreciates and aknowledges your work. I believe that if you have time to take you also have time to say thanks......common decency.

23 Feb 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

I agree with all of you.
Hugs.
Ana Isabel

23 Feb 2010     

mimau
France

A "Thanks" is the least everybody should leave.I always do and I think it is how it should be.
It drives me crazy when a worksheet has been downloaded hundreds of times without any comments!
Sylvie

23 Feb 2010     

RIME
Tunisia

I totally agree with all of you
I think that it �s important to say" thank you " (I mean at least) if you download a worksheet.
comments give you a lot of joy, happiness Big smile and a push forwards.
ANAMAXI: well you �re right. I think that people download coloured worksheets because they  are attractive and nice to look at. But B/W are what we use in my country too because coloured ones are expensive. Anyway W/B or coloured what matters is the content. And  everybody in here is doing a great job so carry on! good luck! and THANKS A LOT FOR EVERYBODY

23 Feb 2010     

1    2    Next >