Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > A new report reason    

A new report reason

silvia.patti
Italy

A new report reason

I �m looking at the new contributions and I have just seen one or two wss without any task or exercise added. I haven �t reported them because they could be an ESL resource if there would be some exercises...

Please Victor, could you add "without task" among the report reasons?

Thanks a lot.

1 Mar 2010      

Aimee/S.
Israel

A reading is perfectly acceptable - if it �s written by ourselves and not copied.
It �s one of the options when we upload our work: worksheet, reading, flashcards, etc...
"Without task" can�t be a sufficient reason to report a worksheet.
My most downloaded w/s is a "reading"...written by me... It�s still being downloaded and almost on a daily basis. I wouldn�t want to see it on the reported contributions...

1 Mar 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

I think Silvia was talking not necessarily about texts but other wss also. There really are some works which it is hard to guess what is supposed to be done. I think every author should explain what exactly is meant to be done in each ws, then there will not be any confusion.
Otherwise i agree with Silvia, if the author does not bother to explain what has to be done in his ws and it is hard to guess, it cannot be considered ESL resource.

1 Mar 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Here is the rule:
  • If your worksheet is just a reading text, it will only be accepted if the text is written by you.

I think it �s clear.
    I �m not crazy about this urge to "scan", "check" and "report" - sorry but that �s my opinion.
  • I �m in favor of helping and sharing.

If something doesn �t seem right to you in a worksheet, why don �t you just pm the person and give a friendly advice?

1 Mar 2010     

JulietaVL
    Mexico

Yulia, that has been discussed for some time and if you were aware of some posts done by Victor you �ll realize that he said that if the description is not good you do not have to report it for that, that is not a valid reason

In some wss you have to use your imagination about what to do with it (it is not the best but sometimes we have to)... some of them are very useful, I agree with Aimee, the spirit of sharing is more important

1 Mar 2010     

silvia.patti
    Italy

I don �t know if I can link here the ws I �m thinking about... It should be clearer what I mean...

1 Mar 2010     

Yulia Mo
    Russian Federation

@ Aimee
    I �m also all for helping and sharing. But i �m for fair sharing, not for sharing borrowed work. So i think if we all spend 15 minutes a day helping to clean up the site, it will be a better place.
    It �s not about the urge to check scan and report. It �s about what we owe to the community. Getting so much out of it he should put some effort in, otherwise really nice original work will be lost in all the copies that nobody cares to scan check and report.

2 Mar 2010     

zailda
    Brazil

Hi!

Every worksheet must have a purpose. We prepare worksheets with specific goals: grammar practicing, reading, memorizing vocabulary, etc... But even using all of my imagination sometimes it �s hard to understand the aim of some work found here. If a teacher doesn �t understand the work, how could a student get it?

If the task is not clear, some explanation should be provided. If some are so imaginative that are able to create a  personal and particular new activity that most of us can barely understand, they should give the rest of the (not that smart) people - among which I include myself - some info about it.

2 Mar 2010