Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hello!Doubt!!What is the difference between an Employment and Recruitment Centre and a Jobcentre?    

Hello!Doubt!!What is the difference between an Employment and Recruitment Centre and a Jobcentre?

portugueseteacher
Portugal

Hello!Doubt!!What is the difference between an Employment and Recruitment Centre and a Jobcentre?

Hi , everyone!!I would be thankful if you could explain me what are the differences between Employment and Recruiment Centre and Jobcentre.
Thanks in advance!!!Smile

3 Mar 2010      

Zora
Canada

To me, there is no difference.

Recruitment can also be used for Military. A place where they sign up new candidates. 

3 Mar 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I agree with Zora that recruitment is often used for the military.  To recruit means to get someone to apply or enroll. (like the military or even a cult or organization)

A job center is where you go to get work - which is the same as an employment office.

3 Mar 2010     

portugueseteacher
Portugal

Thanks for your kind help!!

3 Mar 2010