Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Home economics or Cookery    

Home economics or Cookery

kenab
Slovenia

Home economics or Cookery

Can anybody explain which is more correct to be used as a school subject for 6th grade children?
Thanks  a lot!

4 Mar 2010      

Zora
Canada

Home Economics is what I had when I went to school, we used to call it "Home Ec". Smile

4 Mar 2010     

eng789
Israel

Me too - but we started in junior high - I still remember the wrap-around skirt I almost made completely by myself.
On a positive note - I still make the tuna casserole that I learned how to make in Home Ec.

4 Mar 2010     

reyeslinares
Mexico

Hello there: It is Home Economics, I live in Mexico an it is the same thing as in the United States where I lived for many years.
Good luck

4 Mar 2010     

eng789
Israel

We don �t have Home Ec in our schools here.  Do other countries still have it as an actual subject in their schools?  I think it is a shame that kids aren �t taught some practical things like cooking woodshop, mechanics and sewing.  And I mean both boys and girls.

What do you think?

4 Mar 2010     

kenab
Slovenia

We  have this subject in Slovenian schools and our children love it because they do a lot of cooking. Thanks a lot and a nice weekend to all of you. Hug

4 Mar 2010     

destianri
Indonesia

Home economic would do great... Here, in Indonesia, we don �t have such subject, but I guess I will be much useful for the children to do things related to their independence economic learning which would surely lead them to an entrepreneurship mentality.

Perhaps, in home economic, there will be such activities which will enhance students to work independently or to make economic plans or organize their pocket-money?

5 Mar 2010