Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Looking for good debate video    

Looking for good debate video

Jayho
Australia

Looking for good debate video

Hi all

I am teaching debating to young adults.  I am seeking a Youtube video of a good quality high school debate where they have the podium and all the works.  I have searched but my PC is sooooo slow so I have given up in frustration and was wondering if anyone out there in eslprintables land knows of a good one that I can use.  It needs to be quite professional and on a general topic that is not toooo American (i.e. US presidential/political debates are not appropriate)

Here �s hoping ....

Cheers --- Jayho

9 Mar 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

Hi! I remember not so long ago when our dear Lana from Ireland had a similar topic - debates on controversial topics... Perhaps if you contact her by pm, she might send you some links or provide you with some ideas... I �ll try to pm you something if I can find it, but I �m sure Lana could help you with this (sorry, Lana, hope you consider this a compliment).

9 Mar 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Hi Jayho,

I have been involved in debating and I know how important it is to see a good example. Here you can find a lot of videos about school debate.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1876070482491304280#

Here is another series of videos from Princeton high school - a good, classical debate on environmental issues, worth watching!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI0ZsoICnms&feature=related

9 Mar 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi everyone

I am over the moon - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU - I just gave up last night.  A year ago I found a  good video but I lost the bookmark when I had a virus in my PC and I couldn �t find it amongst all the not so good videos last night.

I have to go to work now so I shall look at your links when I get home.

Thank you again a thousand times.

Cheers

Jayho

9 Mar 2010