Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > how to organize downloaded printables/powerpoints    

how to organize downloaded printables/powerpoints

caroay
Spain

how to organize downloaded printables/powerpoints

Dear ESL Printable friends:
I need your advice concerning how to organize the fabulous worksheets that I download from the website. I have a folder named ESL Printables.. but it is so full of things, different kinds of materials, that when I need to find something, it takes me forever, if I am finally able to! If you could please tell me how you organize your downloads I am sure I would be able to profit from the website a lot more!!!
Thanks for your help!
Carolina

12 Mar 2010      

marwashehab
Egypt

you can make a folder named ESL printables and inside the folder you can put sub-folders according to your interested subjects for example folder named grammar, vocabulary , reading. powerpoint ..etc. and you can make also inside each folder sub-folders like in grammar folder you can make folders for present simple folder, past simple , gerund ..etc.
Hope this will be useful to you. 

12 Mar 2010     

Fabiola Salinas
Argentina

Hi, caroay! Let me share what I do ... it works for me, at least! As I teach children & adolescents as well, I have different folders with different material of course! But as you do, I also have my folders named ESLprint. Well, Inside ESLprint. folder, I open new ones with different categories. That is, for example, I have a CLOTHES folder, ANIMALS folder, or HAVE GOT folder, MODALS folder, etc. Follow your own code, of course! Like this... ,for me, it �s far easier to choose material all related to what I �m looking for!
Another piece of advice another member once suggested... I add the name of the contributor when I save the document. It helps you identify the material more easily! There comes a moment you have so much... that you don �t remember what you really have! Let �s see what other members have to say... Good luck!!! Fabiola :o)

12 Mar 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

I do a mix between fabiola and marwashehab �s methods! i also write very clearly the name of the ws, for example a ws including a text and exercises about  present simple, by user01, i will name it "text present simple - user01" so that i know which members i downloaded from and i can check their ws regularly in case i missed something!
you can also classify your ws according to their difficulty, if you �re teaching to different levels!
take care

12 Mar 2010     

miss K.
Ukraine

I too have one folder to keep all eslprintables materials. That folder contains two more folders. One is for powerpoints and the other is for worksheets only. It helps to find things to play or print easily. Those to big folders have lots of smaller subfolders. moving each file to an appropriate folder takes a lot of time sometimes.

12 Mar 2010     

lovinglondon
Spain

I have all the eslprintables in one folder called "ESL PRINTABLES". Within this, I �ve got subfolders called "Present continuous", "Conditionals", etc and this is very very easy to find one when I need it!
Hope it helps
Greetings from Spain

12 Mar 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

I �ve got different folders: Grammar, Vocabulary, Conversation, Reading. And inside i have subfolders. In Grammar - Tences, Verb Be, Possessives etc. In Vocabulary - Clothes, Numbers, etc. In the Reading folder subfolders are called the names of the users here, as i know the style of each user and i now when i need this or that kind of reading.
But to tell you the truth, i still can �t find time to organize the folders properly, and sometimes it �s easier for me to search the site and download something again even if i have it. Perhaps when i upgrade to Windows 7 it �ll be easier, since there Word documents have preview.

12 Mar 2010     

g.kabelkova
Czech Republic

I�m also trying to find the best way how to organise my materials, not only ESL Print., but all of them. Now, after several years, I�ve got folders as are in these pages. Firstly I separated young learners, teenagers, adults, but I�ve stopped to separate it. I�ve got folders -Grammar, Reading, Vocabulary, Realia and Sub-folders in each Folder. Thanks a lot for this topic, Carolina. I�m glad I could read all of these answers and advice. Greetings from Czech Republic! Gabriela

12 Mar 2010     

caroay
Spain

Thanks everybody for your suggestions!!! I will start a new post if I am able to come up with a good way! Thanks again!

13 Mar 2010