Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help    

Help

patosan19
Poland

Help

Hi there,
I desperately need 1 point to download a worksheet, could anyone help me? Thank you in advance !!!!

15 Mar 2010      

mena22
Portugal

You �ve got it!

Have a nice day,
mena

15 Mar 2010     

sadeel
Palestine

now you �ve got 2

keep smiling

15 Mar 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

FOURTH time you run out of points and ask for help on the forum, you can contribute can�t you? so why don �t you? Keep contributing and you will have more than enough to download what you want.
By the way, it�s against the rules to advertise yourself on the forum...

15 Mar 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

I �m with Yulia, you �ve been begging for help instead of uploading for more than 6 months, why not contributing to the website with your work, since you need others �?!

I �m thinking you �ve got more points that you begged for with your four threads than you actually worked to get it. Sorry to sound rude, but when I see people doing this in the real world it makes me disappointed, in here coming from a �teacher �, it makes me stunned.

Hope you stop doing this.

15 Mar 2010     

lbhspatriot
Poland

I agree that begging is not the right thing to do, but have a little courtesy. I don �t believe is post like "if you combined the time... blabla... you �d make a perfect worksheet". Because it is not neccesarly true. I know how hard it is to make a worksheet - especially not being great with word and taking 90% of the time editing. So please try and understand others, when they urgently need a point.

I also noticed how colorful and "artsy" worksheets get the most point even if it takes my students 2 minutes to fill them out and they learn nothing - but when you try to do something harder and don �t add colors, templates to it it �s never noticed. I checked that theory out by changing the layouts of the same worksheet...

Don �t get me wrong I appreciate your help and all the time you spend making your worksheets, and most of them are AMAZING and helpful. But please try to understand people that can �t sometimes can �t think of anything and need help. We are all here to support each other, so show some heart and understanding. I know it �s easy to get frustrated sometimes - especially when people boldly steal your worksheets and put them as theirs but respect everyone who looks up to you and who appreciates your work. We are all in this together!

15 Mar 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Dear lbhspatriot

Your insights about the appreciation of wss in this site is correct. I used to think about this that way, too. I also reuploaded a ws plain B&W to colorful and got from the intial 15 points, 260+ so far, I think. But what I got to understand is that from the many contributions we have on a daily basis, the ones that are eye-catchy and "seem" more interesting, stand out. It �s not a policy or anything, it �s nature. Normally people have very little time to check the recent contributions and download only the ones that seem to be good, but lack in a thorough analysis of everything available.

And this user in question has been begging for points for months, that �s why so many members got fed up with his attitude.

So, that �s why you could see the lack of courtesy in our speech.
Hope you understand.

15 Mar 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

I doubt that he or she ever reads this post, as s/he only appears here to open the begging thread. Still i think it �s not fair and moreover - against the rules. That member has been using the 30 free downloads for many months having uploaded only 2 wss. Is this what we are here for? Victor said something, that moderators can report users who abuse the forum. If i was one, i would have reported this user, sorry.
There are thousands of people here who share what they do themselves, no matter if it �s in color or simply exercises without much of a layout. But they get their points for their hard work and don �t just come to use the ready free stuff putting in next to nothing.
Sorry again if i sound rude.

15 Mar 2010