Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Teaching school subjects    

Teaching school subjects

Amaras
France

Teaching school subjects

Next week I will start a new topic with my students (9 years old). I thought about teaching the topic "school subjects" and was wondering if you have any ideas how to make the lesson "not so boring". I will use of course the printables here like crosswords etc, but i was thinking a bit more about physical activities, but apart from the ones that I always do (which would get a bit boring by the time), I can �t imagine anything. If you would have any ideas for me, that would be really great

Thanks a lot in advance and have a great sunday!

21 Mar 2010      

mena22
Portugal

They can listen to to this song and learn school subjects from it. They can do some listening comprehension exercises + vocabulary. They will love to sing along.

Have a nice Sunday!
mena

21 Mar 2010     

anabelacdn
Portugal

Great song Mena!  I  wish I had known about this song when I was teaching school subjects.  I �ll use it next year! 

Thanks for sharing!Wink

Have a nice Sunday!  Spring is finally in the air!!!
Anabela

21 Mar 2010     

Begogzp
Mexico

Hello
   I have a simple idea I hope you like it as a warm up or at the end of the lesson you can cut objects from a magazine and paste them on cardboard and keep them in a bag so ss have to take one card and try to tell you what is it you can work in teams depending on how many ss do you have.I use this activity for many things like verbs, tenses or vocabulary and ss like it a lot
     I hope it helps
   Thanks
Bego�a

21 Mar 2010