Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > my ws was reported     

my ws was reported

adital
Israel

my ws was reported

Yesterday I was informed that my ws was reported. I couldn �t figure out why. After all, I have worked really hard to prepare it. Today I found out that the reason was it was a copy of a ws taken from the internet. I couldn �t understand how it is possible. Then I saw the domain name of the web site it was allegedly stolen from. It �s my own website. So... I truly don �t know: am I not allowed to publish my ws on my own website too? do I have to keep my ws here exclusively?

26 Mar 2010      

PhilipR
Thailand

You can publish your wss on as many sites as you want. It is a good idea though to mention your website in your profile in order to avoid resident Sherlocks reporting your stuff.

26 Mar 2010     

adital
Israel

So now what can I do? People any idea?

I feel something is truly unjustified here. Ouch
 I did enter my web site details on my profile when I enrolled to this website.

26 Mar 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi,
I don �t know how long have you been a member here, but this issue was on the forum several times. People, who spend their time checking wss cannot know that you have a blog and publish your wss somewhere else. It has been recommended that members should write it into a description their wss are published somewhere else too, so these thing couldn �t happen.
If your wss will be removed, you should write to Victor and explain him the situation.
I checked your profile and there so no info about your blog so you really cannot blame the reporters.
Good luck, Michaela

26 Mar 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hey, Adital.

You shouldn �t worry. The reporting system helps keeping the site rid of members who insist in uploading not original work, since yours was reported by mistake, you really shouldn �t take it personally, Victor can restore your ws and points.

Many members have had their wss reported in the same situation as you.
Maybe you could mention in their description that they are yours, but you also have a blog or website.

But don �t feel bad, you �re not the first and certainly won �t be the last. And this is not necessarily bad, because imagine if that member had found your ws in someone else �s website... it would help you find out that someone has taken it from you... that also has already happened.

Take care and see you around!

Hugs, Bruna;

26 Mar 2010     

adital
Israel

Thanks so much Philip, Michaela and Bruna!
How can I contact Victor?

26 Mar 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

[email protected]

And don �t forget to change your account info!

26 Mar 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

I would just take it as proof that there are a lot of vigilant people out there trying to protect our rights. Sometimes they get it wrong!

26 Mar 2010     

adital
Israel

an idea was sent to me by one of the members on a private message to add not only to my profile but also to each ws the info about my website so that this problem doesn �t happen again, so i took upon that advice. thank you all for the support. hopefully the mistake will be rectified soon by the adminstrator cause I do believe that it �s a good ws for other teacers to use.

26 Mar 2010