Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Discussion topics. Any ideas or resources please.    

Discussion topics. Any ideas or resources please.

pauls
Spain

Discussion topics. Any ideas or resources please.

Hi, does anybody know any good resources for discussion topics in the class. Fun and interesting. Thanks.

26 Mar 2010      

Jayho
Australia

Hi Paul

If you teach adults then you�ll find the resources at http://www.eslpartyland.com/teachers/nov/conv.htm  ideal.  My students love the conversation cards I use from that site (I print them on coloured paper and laminate them).  I have them in groups of four and give them the cards.  It�s interesting to see how they use them: some groups equally distribute the cards, others lay them all out on the table face up, while others put them in a pile and turn them over one at a time.  They find this more enjoyable than a list of questions on a piece of paper.

There�s heaps of fantastic conversation cards here too - just search for �conversation� and �discussion� for the category of activity cards.  You�ll find plenty.  If you leave the age group and level blank you will have a wider range to choose from.

Cheers  --  Jayho

26 Mar 2010     

aftab57
United Kingdom

26 Mar 2010     

SueThom
United States

What great websites--thanks!  There are enough ideas to keep conversations flowing for a l-o-n-g time. 

26 Mar 2010