Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Different versions of the same worksheet    

Different versions of the same worksheet

victor
Spain

Different versions of the same worksheet

Hello everybody,

Last friday, in my answer to this post:
I said that it is OK for one user to upload some similar worksheets if they have different purpose or content.
Some users have warned me that this could be used to abuse the website in order to get more points without making any original work. You know that we have a limited web space. Imagine what would happen if we all start sending worksheets which have the same exercise, only with different instructions ("fill in the blanks with the present tense", "fill in the blanks with the simple past", "fill in the blanks with the future tense"...)
I think they are right. Therefore, if the moderators think that a worksheet is too similar to a previous one by the same user, they can decide to remove it.

I apologise to all the users who were confused by my previous words.

Best wishes,

Victor

29 Mar 2010      

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

And again, Clap

29 Mar 2010     

mena22
Portugal

I couldn �t agree with you more! Thank you so much victor for clarifying this issue for us. Smile

Hugs,
mena

29 Mar 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Maybe this statement of Victor �s should be added to the rules of the website: "if the moderators think that a worksheet is too similar to a previous one by the same user, they can decide to remove it".

I think the rules should be updated regularly!! Otherwise people will be unsure again and always ask the same questions and discuss certain topics over and over again once this thread has disappeared from the main page...

29 Mar 2010     

mblucc
Argentina

Thanks Victor for your answer!

30 Mar 2010     

lshorton99
China

Thanks Victor for the clarification. Have a lovely Semana Santa!

30 Mar 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

Thanks Victor.
I also have a question about uploading twice. Till now we can report only the recent wss uploaded twice. What about the old ones? Shouldn �t there be an option for reporting this.
Just thinking about the server space, and some members upload one and the same ws for 2, 3 and more times.

30 Mar 2010