Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > a tiny hepl pleaseeee    

a tiny hepl pleaseeee

g�lson
Turkey

a tiny hepl pleaseeee

hi guys! I have a questions for you. I coud not find the certain answer.
first of all ; in the sentence "don �t wait for me for dinner"   ; is the first "FOR" necessary? couldn �t it be like this : "don �t wait me for dinner" ?
and secodly, in the phrase "Honours list of Turkish diplomats"  is the first word "Honours" or "Honour"  ? I have to find the answer untill tomorrow. share your opinions with me please..... thank you very much. 

30 Mar 2010      

trangnguyen1991
Vietnam

are you carzy?
nuts?????????????????/

30 Mar 2010     

suhakhader
Jordan

Hi,
In the first question, we say in Englsih for example: I am waiting for you whether for dinner or breakfast.

But the next one, I am not sure about it, but it could be the second.

30 Mar 2010     

edam
Turkey

hi gulson

first sentence should be   dont wait me for dinner.u cant say dont wait for me for dinner.

for the second sencence is  honour. it is uncountable noun. 

have a good day..

30 Mar 2010     

cagreis
Portugal

"wait for" and "honour" are the correct answers.

30 Mar 2010     

chiaras
Italy

In my opinion you should write:

Don �t wait for me for dinner 

ChiaraHug

30 Mar 2010     

GAZA_CHILD
Palestine

hi
in my modest opinion,"don �t wait for me at dinner" seems to be the appropriate one.As for the second one, " honour or honor " are both correct;but not honours or honors because honour is an uncountable noun
good luck

30 Mar 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Songul

Correct:  Don�t wait for me for dinner

Correct: honours -- In British English the correct form is honours list (you can check here to confirm) however you will find that many NS will use both honour and honours.  The government generally uses honours.  I�m not sure about American English so maybe an AE speaker can confirm.

Cheers

Jayho

30 Mar 2010     

g�lson
Turkey

thank you everybody for great help! be keep in touch with me when I need:) thanks thanks thanks......

30 Mar 2010     

douglas
United States

Jayho is correct. 

In the USA we use both "honor list" and "honors list"  (using the US spelling of honor).

30 Mar 2010     

yanogator
United States

and Douglas will agree with me that it �s "Don �t wait for me for dinner." If you don �t like the double "for", you can say, "Don �t hold dinner for me" or even "Don �t hold up dinner for me."

Bruce

31 Mar 2010