Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Working with MAC    

Working with MAC

bensupra
Spain

Working with MAC

Hello, First I hope you are enjoying your Easter holidays. Now to the point,
I �ve changed my computer and now I �m working with an imac (apple) and I �ve installed an office pack for mac. The thing is, would I have any problems uploading ws and ppts? Is any one there working with mac? how do you manage? 
Thanks, Beni.

30 Mar 2010      

zoemorosini
United States

I have an iMac too.  When I use MS Word (part of the office pack) I have to save my stuff as a ".doc" and not a ".docx".  You should be able to upload to ESL Printables easily then.

If you accidentally save something as a .docx, just re-save as ".doc" and trash the other one.

Feel free to PM me with other questions.

Your American friend

30 Mar 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Welcome to Imac team -
it goes like this
I mac
you mac
he,she,it macs
we mac
you mac
they mac

People who mac never get problems, never lose documents, never get virus, never, never,never get bad things.
I mac for about 20 or more years, I am still in love.

You �ll see that you won �t have any problems at all. Take good care of your love, he deserves.

hugs
linda

31 Mar 2010     

lshorton99
China

Linda - I want whatever you �re taking!

31 Mar 2010     

Begogzp
Mexico

Hello
   You are not going to have a problem....I use a mac either :-)
         Bego�a

31 Mar 2010     

dturner
Canada

People at work whom I �ve known for ages have now switched to Macs.  I have been a Mac user ever since I was a little girl (just kidding -- we used to use a rock and a tablet back then).  I think you will find that more people are switching, and hopefully virus makers still will not bother us.  A PC can try to do everything a Mac does, but can they really?

31 Mar 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Linda

I have a pc, not a Mac. This computer is my 4th computer and I �ve never gotten a virus.

Now, that said, I do own 2 ipods and I would not trade them with any other mp3 players.  Will you get the ipad?

There is space for both in this world.  Peace! Wink

31 Mar 2010     

bensupra
Spain

Thanks to you all. I see you are all in loved with your macs. I �ll keep my old pc for a while till I get used to "macing" as linda says.
Thanks again.
Beni.

31 Mar 2010