Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Feeling confused!!!    

Feeling confused!!!

lina70
France

Ladybird I couldn�t agree more with you ,but I do think that we can help each other to correct them just as you did with mine.And personally I did appreciate it. And now I�m careful!well I try to avoid silly mistakes.

20 Nov 2008     

blizzard1
Denmark

As teachers it very important for us to avoid giving our ss material with mistakes.

Eventhough I�m not German and I�m not even a Dane, I try to be careful about the things my students get.

And I stress that I�m not talking about wonderful and eye catching pictures. I�m referring to the contents of the wss.

I�m relatively new at this site, so I�m still learning about making wss, flash cards and  the like.

Thank You

20 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

Good point Lina, �Hey I noticed you only need 3 more downloads to reach the magic 30. �Told you to be patient. �Once you have the points download this:

20 Nov 2008     

Marshmallow (F)
France

Good idea Ladybird, thank you! I will try it tomorrow!

I can�t agree with you kevinwolfenden; I don�t think a worksheet with 0 downloads may be one you will need tomorrow: they are most of the time worksheets that you can easily make yourself without losing time.

If you only "click on the member" you may miss good worksheets by people who don�t participate in the forum.

And as for " the more the better", I don�t agree. I prefer downloading one good worksheet than downloading 20 worksheets that I will never use and that will just clutter my already-full computer! I�m not saying at all the most colorful worksheets are the best, that�s not my point, I�m just saying that we all should share work that we really consider as useful ourselves. If all of us did that, there might be less worksheets with no downloads.  There is enough space for all of us, I know we all have different needs but for example if you look at this one : http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=133305#thetop which is just copied from a site- I wouldn�t want to be rude to the person who uploaded it but don�t tell me you need this?!

20 Nov 2008     

Marshmallow (F)
France

I agree with you all, we should all be careful when uploading our work- the thing is I sometimes re read my work loads of times and never see the mistakes until I actually read it with my class or have it printed and read it a long time later. We all make mistakes, it�s just human!

20 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

Ok Marshmallow, I see your point, but there may be others that slip through unnoticed. �But as Lina70 mentioned, how will people be able to judge their work without looking at others. �To do that they must upload something. �And I agree 100% that uploading a copied ws is wrong, People can�t make fantrastic ws immeadiately. �My first wss were bad, I mean really bad, but it was enough to get some points and start to see what i could improve. �This is an open community, some people are better at ws writing than others, but the community is still open to all. �Good point marshmallow, I usually script youtube videos by watching them and typing out what I hear. �Somethimes I see iun class that I wrote to quickly and the sentence is phrased slightly differently.

20 Nov 2008     

lina70
France

Thank you kevinwolfendenWink I hope i will  soon be able to share good materials that will be useful to you all here.thank you for the link,I downloaded it with the first point I got yesterday.You are right Marshmallow it�s a pity those who don�t make any effort to create something, even if it�s not perfect.

20 Nov 2008     

Marshmallow (F)
France

Of course it is!!!! I never meant it wasn�t and hope you didn�t understand that! If you meant "the more users the better" I agree with you! My first worksheets weren�t very good either- and as you may have seen I have made very few worksheets because I don�t upload most of the work I make because I don�t think it�s suitable for the site.

The problem is that with the increasing numbers of worksheets on the site, more and more work is unnoticed because we don�t have time to go through ALL the worksheets properly. So I think most of us review quickly the new worksheets and download.....the most downloaded ones! It�s an endless story. That�s why we were saying that we needed to find a solution to avoid that.

20 Nov 2008     

aftab57
United Kingdom

My humble advice to Victor would be to appoint some moderators to assist/support him.

5 Dec 2008     

< Previous   1    2