Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Innovative ideas needed    

Innovative ideas needed

kotyna
Czech Republic

Innovative ideas needed

Dear teachers,

I am writing a lesson plan concerning using e-cards in teaching. So far I have come just with the idea that e-cards can be utilised writing birthday or holiday cards by students. Have you got any other original ideas how this activity could be developed. I mean some follow-up or variations. Thanks for your suggestions

9 Apr 2010      

lshorton99
China

What about apologies or invitations? There �s a lot of functional language for students to produce there. Plus Get Well Soon cards could also be linked to giving advice.

9 Apr 2010     

kotyna
Czech Republic

thank you, that�s a good idea, but my lesson plan already focuses on holiday e-cards. I�m just wondering how to develope this activity

9 Apr 2010     

atsanti85
Canada

Maybe you can play around with who the students will write to and/or who the students will write as.

They can pretend to be from another time period, country, or even planet.  
They might write to a historical figure in history, or an imaginary person such as a character from a story or a movie.

This will make them think about what language to use for which person and maybe what messages to include so that it is suitable to their audience and purpose. 

9 Apr 2010     

kotyna
Czech Republic

thank you, that�s a really great idea:-)

9 Apr 2010