Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > really disappointed!!!!    

really disappointed!!!!

ben 10
Tunisia

really disappointed!!!!

Blame!

Yesterday one of my old contributions �at the doctor�s word search� was removed because as one member said it�s repeated, thing that is wrong because one is a word search and the other is a Pictionary

I followed the vote and only one member who was used to do such exercises (word search/Pictionary) series voted against my wss

And the other 5 or 6 members voted for my wss to stay

But what happened was that my wss was removed yesterday

I don�t know how such things could happen

I thought that the vote was fair but it seems not to be

Anyway, the same member who removed my worksheet �at the doctor�s word search� also declared that yesterday�s contribution �at the park Pictionary� and �word search� were the same

It also has been removed and the administrators� said if there was nothing wrong with it it will reappear among today�s contribution but that was not true!!

I really think that the moderators need a moderator to supervise them

This site become unfair!

Please revise you rules, behaviour or many members will go away from the site

11 Apr 2010      

Mouna mch
Algeria

hi there...

your WSs "at the park" are just FANTASTIC..

I downlaoded both of them and they are absolutly not the same!!!!!!!!!

by the way.. it happened to me ,too!! reported WS never re-appear as the rule says.. so it is really unfair to report WS just like this.. peolpe should be 100  percent sure before reporting..

11 Apr 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi, Ben,

there is no way you could know how many moderators voted for your ws to be removed (at least it was this way when I was a moderator).
Only some moderators leave comment, but there are some who do not and they could vote for removal. We are only humans, so don �t be angry. I would recommend you to write a PM to Victor and he should sort it down if your ws was really removed unfairly.
Have a nice day, MichaelaSmile

11 Apr 2010     

Larisa.
Russian Federation

Hi, Ben

Yes, I remember your ws was reported yesterday and there were comments of moderators not to remove it, because it was not the same as the other one, the task was different. I agreed with them and voted against the removal.  It is sad to know it was removed.

MJ Misa is right, I think you should PM Victor and explain the situation. I hope he will help.  Your worksheets are really great and useful! Don �t be angry! Moderators are only humans!

I hope everything will be OK!
Have a nice day!
Hugs, Larisa

11 Apr 2010     

juliag
Japan

Hi Ben

I, too, downloaded the worksheets you are talking about and agree that they are completely different resources. I �m sorry that you �ve had to suffer this bad experience after all the fantastic worksheets you contribute to the site all the time.

I hope the problem is sorted out to your satisfaction, soon.

As I �m not a moderator I have no idea how people voted, but I too have noticed that I don �t think the reported worksheets that are voted to stay are appearing in the next day �s contributions.

Victor, could you make sure if this is happening as it should be or not, please?

And Ben, take strength from the thought that a lot of us are behind you and supporting you in this.
With love from Japan
Julia

11 Apr 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Hi Ben...

As some members already suggested, please send a pm to Victor, the worksheets you refer to were not the same and I do not understand why they were removed.

This kind of situations happen frequently ...and I take the chance to thank you for your great contributions to the site.

Have a nice day

11 Apr 2010     

stexstme
France

Hi all!
About the reported ws that are voted to stay & do not appear the next day, I noticed it was the case when the member had uploaded new ws...Am I clear ??? Wacko
That �s what happened to me : Two of my "frozen" ws were voted to stay but never appeared again ; I thought the reason was that I had already uploaded ws for the next day. ( so, maybe, there were too many????) Just a thoughtWink
Have a nice Sunday!
Sylvie

11 Apr 2010     

Tecus
Hungary

Hello Ben,
I � one of the lot of supporters who stand for you and your excellent worksheets. This is what really matters. I completely understand your disappointment but try to overcome this feeling.
We �re looking forward to your great worksheets!
Love
Teca

11 Apr 2010     

ben 10
Tunisia

thanx i �m really touched i didn �t know that i had so many friends who care about me and my wss
 what �s really matters is your support
 i won �t care about wss �s removal anymore
thanx again ou are really good and true friends
 as it �s said �a friend in need is a friend indeed

11 Apr 2010     

lshorton99
China

I also recommend contacting Victor. I thought that the worksheets were sufficiently dissimilar to warrent staying but the majority of people who vote don �t leave a comment so it �s impossible to know who voted for and against.

Don �t let this put you off sharing your work with us!

11 Apr 2010     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Ben! I remember the worksheets you �re talking about and they shouldn �t have been removed.

My question is, were they? Have you received a message from victor saying they had been removed? Or have you assumed that because they did not appear in today �s contributions?

I hope it �s the last situation because it can be easily solved with a message to Victor. Maybe Sylvie is right and the system doesn �t accept another worksheet if you have uploaded 3 contributions on that day.

Now if it happens to be the first case, moderators voting against the rules, you should not forget it. But I �m more inclined to believe it is the 2nd situation because one or 2 moderators may once or twice vote against the rules, but I really can �t believe that more than 50% of the voters on your worksheets did that. So it would be really importnt if you could clarify us on this.

Thanks.
Have a nice day,
mena

11 Apr 2010     

1    2    Next >