Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Why not an IWB New Category?    

Why not an IWB New Category?

customer
Italy

Why not an IWB New Category?

Hello dear collegues,

I �m thinking of a new category as well, about interactive whiteboard files. I think the Notebook format is the most common, and so the most useful and exploitable. I �ve been working on this for months and in fact I rarely upload worksheets now.

I know that not all of you have got one in their classes or even schools, but sooner or later...

Have a good Sunday,
Chiara

11 Apr 2010      

maikacaceres
Spain

Great idea! We have a new school building this year and have e-board in all the classrooms. However, most of us use it just for internet, videos or ppts.

11 Apr 2010     

lshorton99
China

My school has used ebeam, so I �d obviously prefer that here! I think it �s a more flexible IWB form because you don �t need whole new boards - you can use an ordinary whiteboard and just install a projector and a mall clip-on device which makes the board interactive.

I think prometheous is more popular in the UK,

11 Apr 2010     

DanielaCZ
Czech Republic

I agree with Chiara, I also miss IWB category and I think many people would appreciate having it here. It �s been more and more popular and widespread. I also use the Notebook format.

11 Apr 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

I �d love an IWB category.

I do most of my work on them now. I use the notebook from Smartboard. I have just this minute finished a new presentation for telling the difference between confusing words such as piece and peace which I wish I could share.  It �s great to do this with pictures and the students can move things around. It just looks great.

I love using Millionaire games, vortex groupings, matching activities, hangman, etc on the smartboard as they are so much more hands on. By doing this before they do the related exercises the students seem to do so much better. (and they remember it longer.)

I know many people don �t have access to this technology but it would be great for those who do to be able to share.

Please, Victor!

11 Apr 2010     

pollyanna_pl
Greece

Perfect idea!
I �ve been using Smatboard for two years now but I still use it as a means of using my ppts and online activities.
I would love to be able to share Smartboard materials and tips with the more experienced! :)

Is it at all possible, Victor?

11 Apr 2010     

Ahlam
Bahrain

Salam
I have sent Victor a PM concerning this issue and still waiting for a reply. I know he recieves tons of PMs everyday, so count me in voting for smartboard contributions.

regards
Ahlam

11 Apr 2010