Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Re - Holocaust Memorial day    

Re - Holocaust Memorial day

souzan82
Lebanon

Re - Holocaust Memorial day

I really appreciated all the replies that were added to Nata´s post (Holocaust Memorial day)

, but i would like you to ask her , why would they (israelis) after suffering from such an awful  masacre repeating the same actions with the palestinians in Gaza, why are they killing the innocent children and the women of Gaza ?
were they (jews) innocent and they are humans and the palestinians are not?

Elodie

there are a loooot of days like this that the lebanese and palestinian people celebrate and all of them are done by the same people who are classifying themselves as victims
Just browse the net for the masacres that israel done in Lebanon and Palestine  and the globally illegal weapons that are used ( and still using) and you will learn a lot .

12 Apr 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Hello,

Read the rules of this website, please. >>> http://www.eslprintables.com/rulesofthewebsite.htm

Don �t start a new topic when you are replying to a previous post.

Don �t use the forum for personal attacks. Those kind of posts will be removed by the administrator.

Political and religious issues should be kept out of this forum. Please, never write a post like the one above again. Thanks!!

Regards, topolina

12 Apr 2010     

serene
Greece

Never again!

Let us condemn every act of hatred and violence wherever it may come from!

Peace in the world!

12 Apr 2010     

souzan82
Lebanon

it would be waaaaaaaaaaaay better if all the people condemned hatred and violence and behaved according to this ,
but nowadays they are condemning them by their tongues and their acts contradicts with their sayings.

12 Apr 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dear Elodie/souzan82,
You haven �t contributed a single ws to this site so far. Did you register solely for the purpose of writing your rabble-rousing speech? What makes you think we are interested in your political opinion and inflammatory posts?? Just try to imagine what would happen if every user did what you�re doing at the moment!!!! PLEASE, STOP IT NOW!!
topolina

12 Apr 2010     

Hijab
Brazil

To souzan82

Well done, sister.

12 Apr 2010     

souzan82
Lebanon

thx Hijab,
Dear topolina,
YES i joined this site just to reply for her post and what i said is not a "rabble-rousing speech"
and if you didn �t like what i �ve written it �s up to you  ,
am not replying to satisfy anybody except MYSELF for something that i �ve read and mis-shows the reality  of what is happening

12 Apr 2010     

Sara5
Kuwait

As you said tapolina. This is not the place for personal attacks. But Nata have started it.

And Suzane Well done.Clap

12 Apr 2010     

lshorton99
China

topolina is completely correct - this is not the place to start such a debate and souzan has broken the rules of the site in an unapologetic manner. Nata �s original post was in no way inflammatory and merely stated the nature of the day which is acceptable, in my opinion. Joining the site with the intention of causing problems and not contributing to what is a �sharing � site is not the way to express your opinions. There are plenty of places where you can do this.

The world is full of tragedies but trying to stir up ill-feeling is not the way to counter this.

I would ask you politely to stop this right now.

12 Apr 2010     

nata
Israel

I have to say that I am shocked, and with tears in my eyes I write this post. I joined this site something like 2-3 years ago in order to share English language teaching materials. I thought it would be appropriate to tell the members of the site about the Holocaust Memorial day. I wanted to say that we as teachers have to think about what happened in the holocaust and teach our students that we must not hate anyone and let the hate destroy us. I am not even going to argue about what you said, because this is not the place to do it. I am going to tell you that my grandfather, who lived in Belgium, was taken by the Nazis to Auschwitz camp, in Poland, and murdered there, with many more members of my family that died in the Holocaust. Something like 60 years later, a good friend of mine was killed by a Hamas terrorist, and she wasn �t even twenty. The two of them lost their lives because they were Jewish. 

Wishing all people on earth peace and health,

Natalie.

12 Apr 2010     

souzan82
Lebanon

thx Sara and Vardaki,
and Isgorton Nata �s post is not as any normal religious post, i do respect all the religions even the jewish religion but what Nata posted is a mere fanatic post and if you don �t understand what does this mean you may refer to the history of this issue so you would know why i replied to it and you would understand the cause of my "inflammatory " reply.
but i would ask you politely if you intended to learn more about what am talking about to take a neutral position.
and believe me if you really understand the nature of this issue you would see her post as inflammatory as mine

12 Apr 2010     

1    2    3    Next >