Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > teaching Tag questions    

teaching Tag questions

D@N! P
Brazil

teaching Tag questions

Hello, Dear Teachers.

Most of times I try to go to classes with 2 or 3 ways of teaching a topic in mind. But Tag Questions are puzzling me. I only can think of grammatical ways of teaching it. I need communicative ways of teaching Tag Questions. Can you give different ideas of how to teach tag questions in a nice way?

Thanks 

13 Apr 2010      

Titina29
Brazil

Hello dear...
Well, when I have to teach Tag Questions I first "role play" with students a "Game Show". I say a sentence and give options and they have to show me the corresponding letter of the option they think is the correct. Example:

Keanu Reeves is:
a) American; b) Lebanese; c) Turkish.

After the "Game Show" stuff, I try to remember their answers like: "Keanu Reeves is Lebanese, isn�t he?", and the students answer "yes" or "no". Then I write some examples on the board (from the previous exercise or not) but let them give the tag questions.

On this way it �s possible to start checking a little bit of grammar, as you told.

I hope I �ve helped you. Any problem tell me.
XOXO

13 Apr 2010     

leteachesseur
Venezuela

Pretty interesting technique, Titina. Thanks a lot

13 Apr 2010     

Begogzp
Mexico

Hello
 You can use an activity card.This activity is good for ss because they pay attention to complete the sentences without writing it is a pair or group work activity....
SS make questions by connecting sentence halves I hope this activity help you in your classes ok?
    Bego�a

13 Apr 2010