Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Rephrasing    

Rephrasing

lshorton99
China

So now I need help! (It was 22/25 - I didn �t bother with punctuation the first time!!!1 - so now I feel better!)
Still on that dratted dentists question. Also, I can �t figure out what answer it wants for questions 13 and 16:

He is certainly not rich

MEANS

I �ve put a lot of variations on �man of means � without success!

He can hardly sleep

VIRTUALLY

Nothing I put seems to fit!

Please tell me what the stupid quiz wants so I can go back to my life! Wink

16 Apr 2010     

akram@73
Tunisia

he virtually can �t sleep

16 Apr 2010     

lshorton99
China

Yes! I don �t know how I missed that one! 1 down, 2 to go!

Anyone found the answer to the dentist one yet?!!!

16 Apr 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Q 13: By no means is he rich

I give up on the rest - I �m 4 answers short and all I can say is that not all of these are natural speech and why didn �t they provide an answer key

P.S.  I see you�re still woking on it Lyndsey - what�s the answers to no�s 2, 8 and 12?

16 Apr 2010     

lshorton99
China

I �m up to 24/25 - thanks Jayho!

2 I �m beginning to think has no answer! I �ve put in every variation I can think of and nothing works!

8 is (ironically enough) Try as I might I couldn �t answer the question

12 is They had such a run down house that nobody wuld buy it

If anyone finds the correct answer to number 2 I am, at this point, willing to donate a kidney!

16 Apr 2010     

Jayho
Australia

No worries - By all means I �d like to help (he he)

No 8 & 12 fit - goodoooooo (Sorry I amended my post - I copied and pasted your answer and it didn�t fit, even -then I copied and pasted it off one of those forums and it did fit.)

So, I �m 1 down like you.  I�ll donate the other kidney!

16 Apr 2010     

lshorton99
China

How can my number 8 not fit? It works perfectly on mine! Stupid quiz! I googled the dentist question and all I got was a bunch of forums trying to figure out what answer the quiz wanted. I bet it �s a trick to stop me sleeping - they �re probably out to get me. Me, me me.

Ok, now I feel better. I �ve decided to set the test for homework for my CAE students on Monday. I �ll make them do it til they get 100% then I �ll tell you all the answer!!!!! LOL

16 Apr 2010     

Jayho
Australia

I think no 2 must have an error - no-one anywhere on this big wide web has the correct answer ... yeah yeah - stoopid quiz, but hey, VERY VERY VERY addictive LOL

16 Apr 2010     

< Previous   1    2