Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! 2    

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! 2

vbpb
Mexico

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! 2

YESTERDAY (20/08/09) I POSTED THIS:

I don�t know what has been happening this last weeks!!!!
Have people ran out of ideas??? Have some teachers decided to go to "the dark side"?
Why is this happening???

Today, I was going through to the new worksheets and you won�t belive it...... this guy "SUPREME" uploaded 4 STOLEN WORKSHEETS from this same community!!!
I couldn�t believe it!!!!  and even though there are warnings from other teachers saying it is a STOLEN worksheet, the worksheets are being downloaded!!!!

What is happening  to teachers!!! have they become greedy for points??? take mine!!!! I donate them, even though I don�t have many, but please stop that childish attitude!!! act and behave like grown ups, like the professional teachers you all are.

I think this really has to stop !!!! but it  only depends on every one of us

ATTENTION TEACHERS!!!!!
___________________________________________________________________________________________

when I wrote this post yesterday (20/09/08), he had like 11 downloads....TODAY,( 21/09/08) inspite of all the warnings, and this post on the main page, he�s got 62,49 and 39 downloads from STOLEN WORKSHEETS, I think this guy really should be banned from the site... sorry, it is too drastic but it is necessary... for this to stop.

Victor, we all know you�re very busy just like many uf us, and you keep this site going I do recognize your "extra" effort on that, THANK YOU, but I think changes will have to be made, I guess yenn (please read my post UNBELIEVABLE) , has a good solution, you may want to consider it.

Thank you to all the teachers that are HONEST, do THEIR OWN WORK, and SHARE IT with all of us, YOU are REAL TEACHERS AND REAL PEOPLE, who know about the importance of respect and work.

A big hug to all of you.

21 Sep 2008      

LA LUNA
Mexico

Hi vbpb!!

I do agree with you. I spent almost the whole night making my worksheets and it�s so disappointing when people just steal them without thinking all the effort it has beyond. Really bad but what is worst is the fact that in spite of knowing that it�s a stolen ws teachers keep on downloading it. That�s the saddest part.

21 Sep 2008     

nanaduhalde
Argentina

Since Im a new member of this great community, I don�t know many of the worksheets that have been uploaded, but yesterday, when I saw a warning on this guy�s worksheet, I opened my eyes, and found another stolen WS. I agree with vbpb (don�t know your name) because it�s frustrating to see that after the hard work you do, someone with no moral, steals it and in a very cheeky and foolish way (because someone will eventually find out, dah...) reports it as his. These worksheets he stole are fantastic, and I imagine the owmner must feel disgusted. I also understand that it�s too much for Victor, he does enough already. So I say let�s us BAN this creep, SUPREME. Let�s make it clear on the forum (and on the commentaries) that he is not to be trusted, as many times as we can, so new comers won�t be cheated. I think it�s a question of HONESTY, and SOLIDARITY. I believe there�s plenty of those values in this community. My best to all of you. And happy spring (or fall)!!! Mariana

21 Sep 2008     

wakebeauty
Brazil

Dear Vbvp,

Thx to u warnings and many others I didn�t download the stolen worksheets!!!!

I�ve read the solutions and I agree with them all, speacially to the one that says we should roll down the comments in order to download, for doing this no one would download it by mistake, and the one that did it would be considered a THIEF AS WELL. I know we would spend more time, but I thinks it�s worth it...

About the points, I think members with more than 5,000 would be the right ones to freeze those THIEVES, coz imagine Frenchfrog, she has more than 20,000 - which means more than 20,000 people recognized and recognizes her work and the one who continues dowloading her worksheets, LIKE ME, recognizes not only her creativity, but the PERSON  AND THE TEACHER SHE IS...

I mentioned only frenchfrog, but there are MANY OTHERS with the same amount of points and SPEACIALLY with the same CHARACTER, that WOULD BE THE RIGHT PEOPLE (if they wish, of course)  to FREEZE those kind of �teachers� "who decided to go to the dark side"  ,as you said, until VICTOR takes the final decision...

But I also think, another good solution would be if we could see, who downloads the ws, even if they didn�t leave a comment, so besides freezing the "bad teachers" we could also see who are the ones who bennefit from these stolen worksheets... becoming "bad teachers" as well... (of course, I don�t mean the ones that dowloaded it by MISTAKE so far!!!!)

a little kiss for all the TEACHERS WHO DIDN�T GO TO THE DARK SIDE TODAY (*.*)

21 Sep 2008     

nanaduhalde
Argentina

I SAY WE SHOULD NOT DOWNLOAD ANY OF SUPREME�S WORKSHEETS EVER AGAIN. HE IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED AND DESERVES SOME KIND OF PUNISHMENT. 

21 Sep 2008     

nanaduhalde
Argentina

There�s a thing related to this subject that caught my attention. Some people upload the same worksheet more than one time, on different days. I know that they are the true owners of the workshhet, but why do they upload it more than once? To get more points? Is this allowed? I would like to know because I would only upload a worksheet again if I had done changes or added some extra things. Let me know. Thanks!

21 Sep 2008     

cely
Argentina

YES, I AGREE WITH ALL OF YOU.

I REALLY LIKE THIS SITE AND  IT HELPS ME A LOT!!! SO I DON�T UNDERSTAND TEACHERS WHO STEAL OTHERS JOB!!
I WANT TO SAY SOMETHING : 1� SORRY FOR MY MISTAKES!
I�M NOT A TEACHER ( I COULDN�T  DO ) I STUDIED FOR 7 YEARS  AND I HAVE A FIRST CERTIFICATE IN ENGLISH BUT AS I LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN AND I�M NOT VERY YOUNG ( 46 NOW) , THIS AND OTHER PROBLEM  MADE ME IMPOSIBLE TO BE A TEACHER BUT I LOVE ENGLISH !!
I WORKED IN AN ENGLISH INSTITUTE FOR SOME YEARS AND NOW I WORK IN A RURAL SCHOOL WITH FEW STUDENTS AND  ALSO HELP OTHERS IN MY HOUSE, WHY DO I SAY THIS? WELL ...BECAUSE IN SPITE OF ALL I PREFER MAKE MY OWN WORKSHEETS THAN TAKE THE OTHERS� JOB. 
SO I WANT TO TELL ALL THE TEACHERS PLEASE KEEP THIS SITE CLEAN , AND ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO ALL OF YOU TAHAT  HELP ME LEARN A BIT MORE ABOUT ENGLISH!!
 ( SORRY  IF THERE ARE SOME MISTAKES... )

21 Sep 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I also am surprised to see multiple copies (although i am  guilty of doing this by accident on one occasion).  If you want to change your printable - you can jsut send an updated copy rather than take up storage space on the server with multiple copies.

Remember if you see a stolen printable - you can report it.  I think Victor is looking at ways to prevent people from downloading reported items.

22 Sep 2008