Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > COINS    

COINS

mabevi
Chile

COINS

Dear all...

I want to teach american money in my class... but I don�t know how much is it 1 cent or penny? Somebody knows how much is it in chilean pesos? for example 1 penny in chilean pesos is 50 pesos... Can anybody help me, please?... Thanks

18 Apr 2010      

ituska
Slovakia

you can use the currency conventer - http://www.xe.com/ucc/

I hope you will find it usefull

18 Apr 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

Most of students have cellular phones with a conversion table, so they can check the dollar or euro correspondance with their curreny at any time, so when I teach money I inform them the current value, but from them on I tell that when I say "dollar" they are supposed to pretend 1 dollar is the equivalent to 1 real, to make it easier for them.

When the topic taught is not the American or British money it �s hard and unnecessary to convert. We use the money to teach some concepts like "enough", "expensive", and so on. If we pretend we �re talking about our money it �s easier for the students to understand.

18 Apr 2010     

plemos
Portugal

A CENT is the 1/100th part of a dollar (or any other currency)
Hope this helps

18 Apr 2010