Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > The Best present for our birthdays    

The Best present for our birthdays

misseleonora
Argentina

The Best present for our birthdays

Victor, hi, I �ve never talked to you directly, but while having fun reading "me" by coffesomething . . . I CAME UP with this wonderful idea: Why don�t you make birthdays interesting by re-posting all the contributions by the ones on their birthdays as NEW CONTRIBUTIONS on that day, so they can get fresh points as PRESENT?
I would really like that as a present from this amazing site!
Comments?

18 Apr 2010      

marcella8161
Italy

Wow!! What a wonderful idea!!!
I agree with you!

18 Apr 2010     

Serap289
Turkey

It �s a great idea. I absolutely agree with you.

18 Apr 2010     

FroggyClaudine
France

Hello,
It may sound as a great idea, no problem about it but when you think of the number of birthday everyday and the amount of contributions some of us have made, I think it would make much too many...
And yet the idea is absolutely wonderful!

18 Apr 2010     

lshorton99
China

Some people have thousands of contributions! It �s a lovely idea but I think a tad impractical!

18 Apr 2010     

misseleonora
Argentina

I know Claudine, I �ve thought about that . . . but may be thinking and thinking, there must be a way  . . . What about a separate part under the title " give your present by downloading their contributions?"

18 Apr 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

I actually think that getting all those wonderful congratulations is a big enough gift. As mentioned before, some contributors have loads of contributions and the recent contributions would be flooded. The question is also, who are you giving a gift to? Posting them for free is really a gift to us, since we can download them for free. If you really want to give a gift look into their contributions and download something you like and leave a nice comment! Go ahead, spend that point! So many people have more points than they could ever need, especially if they contribute regularly and still it seems so hard to simply use them..............

An other idea I would like for the birthdays...I think it would be nice if the moment you click a name, their introduction would show up rather than only their picture. You know, the introduction you see when you click someone �s avatar. That way it would become a little more personal and over time you would know a little about lots of users. I know that know you can indeed click their avatar to get there but when you, like me, send a �happy birthday � to each one it is kinda time consuming.

I also know that not nearly everyone wrote an introduction and in that case nothing changes but maybe it will encourage people to write something and post a picture...

18 Apr 2010     

misseleonora
Argentina

Congratulations, and hugs for one�s birthday is, of course, enough. I�m just adding a new idea and may be feasible if we keep on trying to find the best way to do it. 
Of course we teachers will still have the right to select the ones we want to download and to who you give that present. 
And being in a separate section (under the birthday names may be . . .) you don�t mix them up with the recent contributions. I keep on thinking . . .
PS: They don�t need to be free either.

18 Apr 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Your idea is very nice but I tend to agree with marion_g.
 I always look at the user �s wss when they are on the birthday list and if I like something, I download it. BTW: Have a look how many people who are on the list haven �t sent any contribution at all.Confused

18 Apr 2010     

poli222001
Argentina

wonderful idea!Clap

18 Apr 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

I also agree froggy, marion and mj, besides there are members who will always try to abuse that, by creating more accounts with different BDays. I do think is a nice idea to go and download something from that person as marion said.

18 Apr 2010     

1    2    Next >