Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > HELP ME PLEASE WITH MY DISSERTATION    

HELP ME PLEASE WITH MY DISSERTATION

teacherkatia
Brazil

HELP ME PLEASE WITH MY DISSERTATION

Hi teachers

If it is possible read my abstract and tell me if I write somethig wrong!

Tks a lot... for the previous suggestions.

This dissertation analyzed the process of construction National Curricular Guidelines for the Pedagogy Graduation Courses in Brazil establish by the Resolution of the National Education Council � number 01,on May 15th 2006, from the identification of some ambiguities on texts written by the representatives of different historical projects which dispute the concept of pedagogy and the proposal of the training pedagogue on the referenced above mentioned process. The research problem was defined using the following guiding questions: Were the involved factors in the process of construction of the National Curricular Guidelines for the Pedagogy Graduation Courses provides the elaboration of the Resolutions of the National Education Council � number 01,on May 15th 2006 (BRASIL, 2006b)  in inconsistency and inaccurate way? May the guidelines became difficult and/or promote the subjective autonomous formation of pedagogue through educations the Pedagogy Graduation Courses? The hypothesis was: the factors which establish some limits to the subjective autonomous formation of pedagogue � such as people, professional and category � are explicit in the process of constructions of those guidelines from internal ambiguities of the official texts, the entities and of the intellectuals which spread the projects training pedagogue and between the projects defended in those texts. From base of this analysis was shown that the context of the educational reform stated on 90�s present and justified the elaboration of the guidelines in Brazil accompanied of the discourse combined of the changes which occurred in the organization and maintenance of the world capitalist system, this discourse was associated mainly through generality and flexibility. The guidelines process of construction shows a dispute by projects of training pedagogue and a intensify interlocution with the Estate aimed the disapproval of the pre-service teachers project defended by the National Education Council and expressed in the Resolution Project. It was verify that the most different ambiguous interests are articulated on the process around two axes:  epistemological field of the pedagogy, professional activities and training base of the educator and his/her identity, and that the most different ways of interpret and suggest proposal for teacher training in preparing the guidelines signaled ambiguities in the interpretation of these categories. It was observed that the present ambiguities in the analyzed documents make difficult the authentic understanding the meaning of the various concepts, among them the pedagogy as graduation course and as epistemological field, teaching, management, organization of the educational work and research. It was verify that the Resolution of the National Education Council � number 01, on May 15th 2006 reflects the ambivalences which marked the elaboration process what was identify in the texts of the entities and in the texts of the National Education Council. The Resolution approved also reflects the concessions that were made between the Estate and those involved on the dispute. The fact is that the looser in this dispute was the project referring to the elementary Brazilian education, mainly, which is offered in the public school where it is founded the majority to this level of schooling, since the training pedagogues depend of the Brazilians generations. It was stressed that the Resolution of the National Education Council � number 01, on May 15th 2006 includes the possibility of forming mainly to adapt to this system, but also to educate for autonomy.

Key-words: Pedagogy Graduation Course; National Curricular Guidelines; Critical Theory of Education.

19 Apr 2010      

almaz
United Kingdom

Katia, did you use an online translator (like Babelfish) for this?

19 Apr 2010     

teacherkatia
Brazil

No.. I use dictionary...

19 Apr 2010     

Zoro Sensei
Japan

What do you need help with?  The writing?

I can tell you have a good grasp of English, but I think you are trying too hard.

The biggest problem is definitely with clarity:

1.  Sentences are waaaaay too long.  I am not going to spend 10 minutes rereading each sentence til I can connect the beginning to the middle, to the second middle, to the third middle, to the end.  It�s really annoying. 

And your sentences shouldn�t have a lot of verbs and subjects and objects.

This sentence has about 5 too many verbs (underlined) and about 4 too many subjects  and objects (bold):

From base of this analysis was shown that the context of the educational reform stated on 90�s present and justified the elaboration of the guidelines in Brazil accompanied of the discourse combined of the changes which occurred in the organization and maintenance of the world capitalist system, this discourse was associated mainly through generality and flexibility.

Example of a long and hard to follow sentence:

This dissertation analyzed the process of constructing the National Curricular Guidelines for the Pedagogy Graduation Courses in Brazil established by the Resolution of the National Education Council � number 01,on May 15th 2006, from the identification of some ambiguities on texts written by the representatives of different historical projects which dispute the concept of pedagogy and the proposal of the training pedagogue on the referenced above mentioned process.

2.  Apply lay-man termonology when it will suffice.   AKA, use simple English when it works. 

example:

From base of this analysis was shown that the context of the educational reform stated on 90�s present and justified the elaboration of the guidelines in Brazil accompanied of the discourse combined of the changes which occurred in the organization and maintenance of the world capitalist system, this discourse was associated mainly through generality and flexibility.

Might become:

From this analysis, it was shown that the context of the 90 �s educational reform  justified the elaboration of the guidelines in Brazil, because they dealt with generality in the guidelines and added flexibitiy.   However, these elaborations caused changes in the organization and maintenance of the world capitalist system.

Not sure if I said exactly what you were trying to say.  Then again, I am not sure exactly what you are trying to say.  You need to work on the clarity.  Take care of these first two problems and I�ll be willing to take a second look.

20 Apr 2010