Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ecodriving    

ecodriving

akram@73
Tunisia

ecodriving

I am teaching a lesson on ecodriving .On the pre- reading stage we dealt with practical tips to  drive sensibly .I got puzzled with a phrase related  to excess weight/too many passengers on the same vehicle.could you please my dear colleagues suggest a tip for that.It is not to  "travel light".I mean not to bring a lot of people in the same vehicle.thx

19 Apr 2010      

atsanti85
Canada

Do you refer to seating capacity and the number of seats that are available in a vehicle?
If a car can only seat 3 people in the back, for example, it would be dangerous to have more. The passengers can �t make use of the seatbelts and it wouldn �t be very comfortable.

I hope that helps.  If not, can you explain more specifically what tip you need?  Do you need some suggestions for how to explain the phrase to students?

19 Apr 2010     

akram@73
Tunisia

I meant that an eco driver should not seat more than his /her car seating capacity.

19 Apr 2010     

douglas
United States

"Don �t overload your vehicle."

20 Apr 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi akram

We in Australia say �overload � aswell.  In fact, some vehicles have overload warning alarms.

Cheers

Jayho

20 Apr 2010