Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Game ideas to revise DIDNīT    

Game ideas to revise DIDNīT

newuser07
Argentina

Game ideas to revise DIDNīT

Hi dear friends!

Thanks for all your "coffee" answers :) Theyīve been soooooo useful!!!

Today, Iīd like to ask you for some game ideas (cards?) to revise didnīt. Iīve used memotest cards, dominoes for regular and irregular verbs, miming, etc... but I havenīt been able to find any special game to practise didnīt.
Thanks in advance!!!!

Have a great weekend!
 :)

23 Apr 2010      

Heloss
Spain

You can create a detective story with role-plays. And the investigator has to make questions to the suspects, f.i.: Did you stay at home?

You can also make a look-for-someone game: you design a worksheet with several sentences with gaps, f.i. ___________ saw an interesting film yesterday, ____________ ate a delicious cake last week. You ask students that they have to look for one (or 2 ...) students who have done each thing. They have to ask students each question until they find one person for each sentence. The idea is to make them make questions of the type of DID YOU EAT ...? And answers like YES, I DID or NO, I DIDN īT. Students usually like this game. Good luck :-)

23 Apr 2010     

teacher jessie
Argentina

Ball Toss: one student makes a question using "Did...", then he/she throws the ball to another student who has to answer it. Then that same student has to put another question before throwing the ball to a third student. They have fun, and they don īt know who is going to be the next student to asnwer the question, so everybody has to be on the alert. It shouldn īt be too slow, so they ahve more fun. And the ball shouldn īt be too hard, I use one that belongs to my babies.

23 Apr 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi newuser07

You could use didn īt activity cards that you make yourself or maybe use /adapt these ones here.

Cheers

Jayho

24 Apr 2010