Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Model of a mouth?    

Model of a mouth?

Pinky Makus
Canada

Model of a mouth?

This might be an odd question....Where can I buy a model of a mouth that has a moving tongue?  I saw one on TV once.  There was an ESL teacher teaching English to a French speaker who needed to learn English for a Broadway show.  Anyway, the plastic mouth had teeth and a tongue that could be moved to show the tongue position for certain sounds.  Can anyone help me?

Pinky

22 Nov 2008      

libertybelle
United States

My Spanish teacher made a big head from the side, and painted it with a face.
He cut the mouth open as if it was speaking.
Then he put on a white glove to act as a tongue to show where the
tongue is placed when saying f. ex. nada with the soft D.
If you can�t find a head, perhaps you could make one out of cardboard like my teacher did.
Hope this helps.
L

22 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

Can�t find anything on the net, I�ll keep trying.

Try using video with the sound off. �Or silent talking.

22 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

is this it?

not a oty but might help:

this ones for a dog.

sorry that�s about all I can find anybody else?

22 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

there is an advert on discovery kids latin America at the moment that shows a dentist toy, with a hug mouth and tongue:

22 Nov 2008     

frenchfrog
France

I don�t know if it can help: http://www.youtube.com/user/ugoeigo
There are other videos as well (I typed �sounds of English�, �sounds in English�, �English pronunciation� ...)

22 Nov 2008     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Wow!  Thank you so much!  I will have to check these out. (The dog toys are really cute.)

22 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

I remember trying to do text to voice in a Delphi program, I had found some code to do it but never had time to write the program. �Included in the section was a mouth that moved as the PC said the words. �I can�t remember where I found or if I could knock a quick program up using it but i�ll give it a go. :) �I�ll post back here in a week.

23 Nov 2008     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Sounds good.  The model I saw looked like a mouth you might see at a dentist, very realisic, perhaps with no lips?

8 Dec 2008