Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Reported ws    

Reported ws

joannaturecka
Turkey

Reported ws

Dear members!
Im writing here cause Im really sad as my worksheet MY FACE was removed. I was accused that it was a copy from Cookie and Friends Book - please, whoever reported it, find me a page in this book with the activity that I prepared. The only thing used from the book were the pictures - and thats not agains the rules as my contribution was made before new rules forbitting pictures from esl books appeared.
I feel really disappointed
Joannaturecka

28 Apr 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dear Joanna, 

Please, send Victor a PM and ask him to fix the problem. I �m quite sure that he �ll restore the ws in question.

Good luck - Silke

28 Apr 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi,

I did not report your ws but I saw it there yesterday. Even though I did not vote for or against it, simply because I didn �t have the right info, YES, taking pictures from a published book is theft, I am afraid, you can oly use pictures that you have paid for or have been allowed to use.

You have ben caught, lots of others haven �t, so I understand why you think you might not have been treated the way you should have.

Sorry.

Regards

28 Apr 2010     

joannaturecka
Turkey

Yes, You re right. But my point is that this rule doesnt concern the old contributions, the ones sent before it was forbitten to use pictures from esl books. And my worksheet was older than the rule. So should we report now all the worksheets with the clip art from esl books, not much will be left then :(
best regards
J.

28 Apr 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

I don �t know, I have been told not to start a discussion about (an adjustment of) "the" rules again.

Regards

28 Apr 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

This is not a new rule.  Victor has never condoned the use of images from ESL books as it cannot fall under the "Fair Use" policy, though some members innocently or not presumed it did so.

28 Apr 2010     

lshorton99
China

I wasn �t here for long before the new rules, but my understanding was that it was always against the rules, just not enforced particularly. All the new rules have done is to clarify the old rules and remove grey areas so it is clear for everyone. Any worksheet found breaking the rules, whether it was uploaded before the news rules or not, is liable to be reported.

This is only my understanding of the rules, however. I could be wrong!

28 Apr 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

This whole rules thing is starting to confuse me, I am torn between here and there...yes....me.....ME!!!!! So, I am starting to understand why some members have asked me to shut up about them... (to my blonde friend from the country with the blue and white flag: they did not ask me to shut up in general and they did not ask me to shut up because THEY were here first, like you did ;o)

I think that whatever violates international copyright laws should be removed, irrespective of what "the rules" say.  Since joannaturecka �s ws was removed because of that, even though it was uploaded before the "new and improved" rules other mods seem to have the same opinion as me ( must have, I did not vote)....

I am out of this now....alive and kicking ... or biting, I should say ;o)

Regards

28 Apr 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Regina,

That �s why I told Joanna to contact Victor... He �s the one who has to make the final decision. ;))

Regards - Silke

28 Apr 2010