Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Asking for downloads    

Asking for downloads

blizzard1
Denmark

Asking for downloads

Hello dear eslprintables friends,

I recently received the following message:

"Hi friend, could u help me , please download my printables in order to get more points , I know it �s wrong but help me. god and me will thank u forever
give me a hand
"

I do not think appropriate to write to members asking to download ones work.

Can you imagine if we all did that? The main purpose of the site would be lost.

Besides, the person who messaged me is a premium member. He has more than 30 points.

Just to let you know.

Have a lovely Sunday!

Hugs,
Elizabeth

2 May 2010      

silvia.patti
Italy

I think you �re right, it �s not appropriate to beg our downloads... You should answer him/her pointing on the fact that he/she is a premium member, so he/she can download everyday 30 recent contributions and improve her/his ws.

Bye
Silvia

2 May 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi, Elizabeth.
I got exactly the same PM - looks like that member sent it to several of us. At first I wanted to write about it on the forum, but then I changed my mind. I only wrote him back that I am not going to download any of his work just because of his begging. Luckily he hasn �t wrote back.
I agree this is not an appropriate way how to get points. If I wanted someone to let me know about his new wss, I �d sent him a PM and ask for it.
Have a great Sunday, Michaela

2 May 2010     

mena22
Portugal

I absolutely agree with you Elizabeth. After all it �s so easy to get some points in case you need to download some old contributions - you just have to share a good worksheet/ powerpoint/ online exercise. Besides, this user is a Premium member. What more can he ask for? I wonder how many people he begged to download his work. I �ve received the very same message.

Wish you all a nice day.
mena

2 May 2010     

robertttt
Australia

Hi all,
I �m really surprised to read what you wrote on this forum. Those who send PM to beg members in this site to download their printables are REALLY REALLY ODD. I hope the writer(s) can read these complaints and improve himself by making good worksheets , powerpoints or online exercises. Once you upload your nice ones, almost members will download yours without begging!
Best regards,
Robertttt

2 May 2010     

magneto
Greece

Hello!
I haven �t received the message (...apparently because I haven �t got the number of points you have, so I �m not that useful Wink), but I do think this is most indecent...I don �t know who the user is and I �m not interested in finding out, but I can �t help but wonder - has this person got no dignity?... Seriously, forget about ethics and rules; pure pride should prevent anyone from begging for downloads!
That �s all... I just see such phenomena where I work very often and it always makes me mad.
Have a great day!

2 May 2010     

cauffeepot
Benin

it wasn �t me, I "borrow" my worksheets.

2 May 2010