Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Pasapalabra    

Pasapalabra

joybeth
United States

Pasapalabra

I downloaded an activity that is played using "pasapalabra" rules-can someone tell me how to play?  Thanks!

3 May 2010      

tinaabdel
Portugal

Does anyone can help me??? I try to send printables and I wait and wait and nothing...so in this way, I can �t send anything or I can �t also make any download...

How can I do???

3 May 2010     

SueThom
United States

I �m waiting to hear what how to play the game, too.  Just looking online, it appears it �s based on the British TV game show "The Alphabet Game".

3 May 2010     

caroay
Spain

I don �t watch the TV program, but sometimes it �s been on and I think I might be able to explain how it works.
The most difficult part to organize is the first part: each participant is awarded points on the basis of other simple games they play in groups, for example, matching words to their definitions, forming new words with given letters, etc.
Then, each group appoints a person to be the one answering the alphabet questions. They are given 60 seconds each plus the points they were able to get in the previous phase. For example: they get 60 + 40. Then, you need a stopwatch. Participants have to answer questions following an alphabetical order in the alloted time. If they don �t know the answer, they say "pasapalabra" and then the stopwatch is stopped. 
A: a Fruit that is red or green...
B:... etc
The other participant gets a turn. The winner is the one with the most number of correct questions. 
I hope I was able to explain myself!!! It �s simple once you �ve played it many times!!!

3 May 2010