Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Please be kind...    

Please be kind...

Apodo
Australia

Please be kind...

I keep reading how people are upset when no comments are left when their worksheets are downloaded.

I am always pleased to see nice comments, but I would never consider a person impolte if no comment was left. I can check my points and find out how many people thought my work was useful and that is reward enough.

Not all teachers have fast cable connections, some just have dial-up.

Have you ever considered:
Some internet connections are so slow that it takes a long time - several minutes - to download a worksheet, and more valuable time to upload a comment?
Some connections drop out a few times while using the internet?
Some internet connections are very expensive and extra downloads/ uploads have to be paid for?

Please be kind - don �t criticise before you know all the facts.

3 May 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Hi, Apodo! :)

You definitely have something there, however, how come that I �ve never read such an explanation by those users who never say "THANKS"??

As you said, this topic has been raised sooo many times before, so why has nobody ever mentioned this problem?

People would surely have understood this reason for not leaving a short "thank you", but I �ve really, really never seen anybody giving a slow Internet connection as the reason why they don �t leave any comments under the wss they download... That �s a bit strange - don �t you think? ;))

I mean it�s nothing to be embarrassed about, is it?

Have a great day, everyone - Silke

3 May 2010     

be67
Spain

In a way Apodo is right; in my case I don�t leave a comment because my computer�s not working properly and each time I write something  when I click to send it the page goes off and I have to start all over again and it takes it me ages. It�s the same when I want to send birthday pictures I can�t. I guess I�ll have to buy a new one. Thanks everybody for sharing your nice works!!!

3 May 2010     

marcella8161
Italy

Yes the connectin do not work well and sometimes you also lose points when you download something. If it is in the process of dowloading that internet goes off... good by worksheet and points... It happened to me sometimes.
Now in this very moment here in this school they had to put the generator because electricity is off... there was something important to do that nedeed electricity so they put the generator on. But very soon it will be put off... Problems are real.
But it �s also kind to leave  a note if it �s possible.
All the best.

3 May 2010