Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > How can I teach special needs students?    

How can I teach special needs students?

kristynofis
Chile

How can I teach special needs students?

Hello! do you have any book or activities to teach special needs students?

It is been very difficult for me to have those student �s and the subjects that I took in that regard are not helpfull

4 May 2010      

Ximenne
Armenia

What do you mean by "special needs"?

In my class there are two kids who have problems with writing; a coaching teacher comes in almost daily to work with them; she reads out titles and makes sure they understand what they are to do.

She does not interfere in their production though, and when I check their papers I consider their difficulty in writing (after all I�m assessing their overall knowledge).

Hope this is useful advice :o)

Have a lovely day.
Xi

4 May 2010     

nurreyes
Malaysia

hi,
I am teaching English for those pupils with learning disabilities. If the special need you meant above is same as mine so i would rather suggest you to group all the student and concentrate to them during the class while others are doing the task given.

i had even divided my 12 pupils into three groups and prepare different activities which i could handle all at the same time.

hope this will help.

CT

4 May 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

As far as I know Sylvie teaches children with special needs. Her username is stexstme2; just send her a PM - I �m sure you �ll get a kind response!

4 May 2010     

kristynofis
Chile

I have student �s with mental disabilities and they are usually exempted from english classes, because in schools they exempted those kids, but the thing is that here in chile, the regulations force them in a way to take in 3rd grade(highschool) one english, because they need to choose the specialty, (hummanistic or scientific)
so my question is..... what do I have to teach, and in which way, I have some sort of subject at the university but it did not help, they just talk about the dissability, but they did not talk about "adopt the material" and I really would like to help those students but I really don �t know how....

5 May 2010     

jennybohmes
Argentina

What kind of mental disabilitie?

5 May 2010     

kristynofis
Chile

Mentally challenged in a low and medium way...

5 May 2010     

jennybohmes
Argentina

kristynofis I sent you a pm

5 May 2010