Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > French Stick or Baguette    

French Stick or Baguette

kaz76
United Kingdom

French Stick or Baguette

This is a question that was asked yesterday in the forum but I�ve only just seen it and for some reason the poster of the message doesn�t seem to have Private Messenger - there�s no envelope under their name.

A French stick is another word for a baguette so you can use this in your sentence instead.  I�m not sure if it is used in any other English speaking countries but Zora hadn�t heard it before so it can�t be used in Canada I guess.  It�s pretty interesting as I assumed it would be used everywhere.  Just goes to show you lol

22 Nov 2008      

GIOVANNI
Canada

Hi:  I�m from Canada.  I have heard a french stick used instead of baguette.  In Quebec they refer to a fench stick as a baguette.   I am originally from Toronto and  when I lived there I often used french stick when referring to a baguette.

22 Nov 2008     

libertybelle
United States

Not to forget bread sticks!
They�re the dry sticks you can dip into anything!

22 Nov 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

Sorry I�m introducing this in your topic but in Argentina we have two types of bread: pan franc�s (it would be literally translated as French bread) and Baguette. I wonder if they are the same

22 Nov 2008     

Anna P
Brazil

In Brazil we also have �p�o franc�s� and �baguette� (longer than a �p�o franc�s�). 

22 Nov 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

23 Nov 2008