Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Looking for suggestions to join sentences    

Looking for suggestions to join sentences

Aldegunde
Spain

Looking for suggestions to join sentences

I �d like to ask yoor opinion about the best way to join the sentences in these two exercises. I �m not quite satisfied with my own answers

Join the following sentences into one:

�I have been to Rio and Carnival celebrations were just fantastic. I had read   a lot about it before travelling there. I should have gone years ago. Begin: I should...

�I never saw Mara again. I guessed she was hidden in the house and probably very sick. I called the doctor and explained the situation.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

5 May 2010      

curk
Spain

Hi, I had the same problem with a studen who took Selectividad that year.
I guessed they were wrong with that exercise. because it �s really impossible to join all of them.

I would do this :

I should have gone to Rio years ago, where Carnival cel�ebrations , about which I had read a lot before travelling were just fantastic.

I �m not sure. I think there is alot of information to join.

And the second one, which I still remember, is also very strange.

I never saw Mary again and since I guessed she was hidden ......very sick, I called the doctor and explained the situation.

I hope a native ca help us.

Good luck. Un abrazo

6 May 2010     

Zora
Canada

Well, as a native, I might do it this way... Smile

I have been to Rio and Carnival celebrations were just fantastic. I had read   a lot about it before travelling there. I should have gone years ago. Begin: I should...

I should have gone to Rio �s Carnival celebrations, which I had read a lot about, years ago since they were fantastic.

I never saw Mara again. I guessed she was hidden in the house and probably very sick. I called the doctor and explained the situation.

I explained to the doctor that I hadn �t seen Mara who was probably very sick and hiding in her house.

6 May 2010