Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Help with some ACTIVITIES for the end of the year ´s event at school...    

Help with some ACTIVITIES for the end of the year ´s event at school...

ehlana
Mexico

Help with some ACTIVITIES for the end of the year ´s event at school...

Hello everybody,
I don �t really have that much teaching experience. In fact, this is going to be my first year teaching english to kids betwwen the age of 10-15.

There is an event that happens every year at the end of the course. It is called � �Open House � �. Where all the teachers and their kids get together in front of the audience (mainly parents), where they show what they have learned so far by the end of the year. Well! I only have 12 minutes with each classroom (I have two, but they are the same level).

I was wondering if you could help me out based on your teaching experience, suggesting some activities where my students could show specially SPEAKING/LISTENING/COMPREHENSION habilities.

My students are Juniors 2. (They have 6 levels) So they are a pretty basic level.

These are some of the skills they should have already:
(The book we use is � �American Inspiration 1 � � MACMILLAN)

14 May 2010      

monchis
Mexico

Hi Tanya,
Well, I think it depends on the "formality" of the class you have to give but I�d do some kind of jeopardy game so they can show their use of English.
When is your class? if you still have time to prepare it,I�ll send some material.

14 May 2010     

ehlana
Mexico

Hi monchis,

Thank you so much for your reply.
I �d really appreciate your ideas (the jeopardy game sounds great).
I already have some activities prepared, but I am having trouble in finding SPEAKING activities where all the students can participate.
The event is in 2 weeks. But Next week I will be practicing with the kids the activities so they get familiar with them.

My e-mail is: [email protected]

Tanya,,

14 May 2010