Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Birthdays    

Birthdays

AnnyJ
Taiwan

Birthdays

Hi,

I have just spend another hour to open all the birthday member �s data and to wish the ones that is still contributing a happy birthday!  I really don �t see the point in wishing somebody with zero points(and there are sooooo many) happy birthday or to members that is clearly not part of the site anymore.  Isn �t there a way to display some details that will make it easier and not so time consuming to wish active members a happy birthday? I didn �t count the active members today, but usually they add up to 4 or 5 in the whole list.

Anny

14 May 2010      

eng789
Israel

I have a different but similar request for the same topic.  

A lot of wonderful people sent me birthday wishes (I made a list of them)  and I would like to do the same but I �m afraid I will miss their birthdays because I �m not on-line everyday.

Victor - is there a list somewhere of all the birthdays that I could check - so I can make myself reminders - for the members I want to wish?

Or is possible for the birthdates to show up next to the flag when we check out someones ws?

Have a super weekend everyone.

Hugs from sunny Israel.

14 May 2010     

alexcure
Poland

Hello,

I am fully supporting Anny. Some members have once registered and even no longer enter the site so it �s no use wasting our time on them, and checking is sb is an active member or not is an absolute waste of time. At the same time, I would like to overload our dear Victor with work. Maybe someone else finds a solution to the problem?

Have a fabulous day!

Alex

14 May 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I totally agree with you, dear Anny...

It �s quite time-consuming to check when exactly a user contributed something for the last time or whether they have ever contributed anything at all.

I usually only congratulate those users

- who I know.
- who have more than 30 points AND seem to be active (you can see that when checking the date of their last uploaded printable).
- who are absolute newcomers with fewer or more than 30 points, but who seem to be willing to contribute.
- who write on the forum (no matter how many points they �ve gathered, because participating in the forum is also a valuable form of contribution, in most cases anyway).

I also second Barbara �s (eng789 �s) suggestions!! Thumbs Up

Have a great weekend, everyone - Silke

14 May 2010     

Laly59
Spain

I think about this theme that we can give congratulations to people who writes in the forum and sends usually contributions or one of both. I don�t see well to send congratulations per points because it can happens that someone sends a contribution and hasn�t got points or has got a few points, then I think that it�s not a fair decision

14 May 2010     

Nessie33
Germany

Dear Laly59,
I am sure , you are right! It is very disappCryointed to hear , that we have to congratulate the people , because of their contributions!
And it is really very saaaaaad!

14 May 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

Sorry if I �m very impolite but like in real life I send birthday wishes to the ones I know or have some kind of contact with. The ones whose nicks sound unfamiliar I don �t.

Sorry if I forgot someone, but I don �t log in every day and I see no purpose in sending bday wishes to people I don �t know.

Have a nice weekend.

14 May 2010     

Nessie33
Germany

Have a nice weekend zailda!

14 May 2010     

eng789
Israel

I did get some bday wishes from new people and because I also don �t log in everyday I would like to know when their bdays are so I can send them wishes. 

I can �t see why our birthdays can �t be next to our flag on our ws pages (as extra info about ourselves.) 

Victor - if you are around - couldn �t our bdays be added to the info about us so - when I check out someones wss I can see his/her birthday?

14 May 2010