Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > song for beginning of the year    

song for beginning of the year

caroay
Spain

song for beginning of the year

Hi dear friends!
I just wanted to ask you for suggestions on a nice song to use on the first day with an all-adult group. It should be motivating and and also should serve as a way of sending them a message about what we are going to be doing during the year!
All suggestions are welcome and really appreciated!
Have a wonderful day!
Carolina

14 May 2010      

macanolo
Spain

what about what a wonderful world!Thumbs Up

14 May 2010     

Akanah
Spain

Hi! what about this one? It �s really motivating and has got rhythm! 
Olga

14 May 2010     

Kamui
Brazil

I gave this song to my adult and teen groups, they really liked.http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=360896#thetop

14 May 2010     

tefltunes
United Kingdom

Hello!

Any song with clearly spoken lyrics and a reasonable pace should work; so pick a favourite of yours if you don �t have a specific learning point in mind.

As long as you create a clear task to go with it they �ll be eating out of your hands on day one!

A personal recommendation would be Nexy Year by Jamie Cullum; which has lots of Going to... (I �m gonna) in the lyrics. It �s about resolutions. You could use it to lead on to talk to the class about what they �re going to study in the coming year; then move on to a speaking activity where they tell each other about things they have planned for the next year.

We �ve just created a new site dedicated to offering song-based lesson plans and worksheets for teaching English as a Foreign Language. There are also ideas and advice about using songs in the EFL classroom.

www.tefltunes.com

Come by and check us out some time. And please spread the news if you like what you see!

Good luck with your new class!

Martine

14 May 2010     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Sone general songs stuff.

14 May 2010     

special corner
Saudi Arabia

Carolina

Thank you for asking hahaha

i have benefit from the friends.