Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > translation help needed    

translation help needed

mish.cz
Czech Republic

translation help needed

Hello, my colleagues,�

a tiny silly question once again�Embarrassed

I cannot recall how to express �"the number of lessons you are supposed to teach within a week / a month / a year... according to the curricula" Is there any specific term for this? Is it clear enough to use simply "time schedule"? Or "time plan"? I need this for my Course evaluation questionnaire asking whether the number of classes was satisfactory.�

thank you very much in advance, Mish

17 May 2010      

almaz
United Kingdom

Nothing wrong with timetable. Mind you, I suppose it all depends on co-ordination with the rest of the school/local or central authority.

17 May 2010     

atsanti85
Canada

Hi Mish,
No such thing as a silly question! :)
I think almaz is right... depends on the guidelines where you are.
However, you could consider course breakdown?  
or course distribution?

Good luck on your evaluation!

17 May 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

I �d say course distribution.

17 May 2010     

mish.cz
Czech Republic

Thank you all very much, I �m always so grateful for your help:-)

17 May 2010     

Nicola5052
United Kingdom

I would use �Scheme of Work �

17 May 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Scheme of Work could be what Mish is actually looking for since it includes timetabling. Having said that, though, it �s more like a general workplan or blueprint for the year and can be changed accordingly.

17 May 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Mish

I �ve read what you all have said and I don �t have anything to share. This vocabulary is, MHO, very specific and it differs from one curricula to another. Everything you all have said makes  sense to me, in different situations. So, I don �t give an answer, because I don �t know, but I have a question, if you don �t mind.
Almaz wrote about "blueprint" and this is a word I have had many troubles with. Could you enlighten me, what is it, in fact, related to curricula?
Thanks in advance
linda

18 May 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Linda, I was using it figuratively. 

18 May 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Ok, thanks alot, Almaz Big smile

18 May 2010