Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Special weekend    

Special weekend

nanaduhalde
Argentina

Special weekend

Hello dearest teachers from all over the globe. It�s early here in Argentina, and many of us are starting the final school day of the week. Yes, it�finally Friday, and we have a long weekend ahead, four days in a row to celebrate and conmemorate Independence Day. And it�s not just any independence day, it�s the Bicentenary (I really don�t know if such a word exists, so if it doesn�t, sorry for my spanglish invention...) So, to all my fellow Argentinian teachers, I wish you the best for this special holiday full of light blue and white hopes. And to the rest of the members of this amazing community, the best of the best, a big THANK YOU. Keep up the good work and the positive energy. Love from Argentina. Nana

21 May 2010      

magneto
Greece

Happy Independence Day!
What �s the Bicentenary? 200 hundred years since your independence?

21 May 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Exactly, magneto!! ;)

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL ARGENTINIAN USERS!!!!

21 May 2010     

lagringa
Argentina

I join you in your wish for all Argentinian teachers and I also want to thank teachers from all over the world who help keep this site a paradise for us. Thanks Everybody for the great effort. I love the site and the people in it!!!!!!!!!!THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

21 May 2010     

Babs1966
France

Have a great weekend and I wish you a good Bicentenary Independance Day ;)

Very truly,

Babs

21 May 2010     

stexstme
France

Babs : pic too big!!!!!!!!!!!
First warning!LOL
Wish Jecicka was here ...
Love! I �m off!
Sylvie

21 May 2010     

Babs1966
France

Oups for the pic Embarrassed 

21 May 2010     

misseleonora
Argentina

Yes, Happy Bicentenary day for all of us!!!!! Despite the rain . . .

21 May 2010     

eng789
Israel

Have a wonderful day.

21 May 2010     

Jorgelinaac
Argentina

Hi everybody!!! I just want to clarify some things. It is not our independence day. Argentina became indepedent on July 9th in 1816, so 200 years haven �t passed yet.

On May, 25th, Argentinians are celebrating the May Revolution which took place in 1810 and was an important step towards independence some years later. 

Therefore,  200 years have passed since the May Revolution. This is what we are celebrating this 25th, we are celebrating the Bicentennial of the May Revolution. 

Buildings, houses, shops in the city have all been decorated with flags and white and light blue ribbons. Cities look beautiful and cheerful!

Happy Bicentennial day! :)

Warm wishes,

Jor

21 May 2010     

nanaduhalde
Argentina

You�re absolutely right!!!!! I apologize to you because of my mistake. My History teacher would fail me in a heart bit... It was too early in the morning and I �m not the brightest person in the world when I wake up early. Well, as Jorgelina said, we are celebrating 200 years since the May Revolution, so we have to wait 4 more months to celebrate Independende Day. Sorry, again, and thanks Jorgelina for the clarification. Have a great weekend!! Mariana

21 May 2010     

1    2    Next >