Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Great things We īve heard from students    

Great things We īve heard from students

andreaewa
Uruguay

Great things We īve heard from students

Why not sharing the things they tell us that warm our hearts, or make us laugh or think how great they are?
Iīm going to share a funny story that happened to me at the beginning of the school year, with a 4 year old who told his mum "mum, look at her!" trying to show his mother that he recognized me while walking along the street, so we stopped and she asked him, "Do you know her? Who is she?" and he said "She is hello!" He named me Hello because we practiced greetings on the previous lesson and that was what he remembered about me!!
And something that made me feel GREAT, I always ask them for some feedback when I give them their marks and they can write about the lessons or about me and one of my students from a public secondary school (12 years old) told me that he liked coming to English classes because I was always in a good mood and that helped him to LEARN. How important are our feelings to be ready to learn!

21 May 2010      

mariaah
Spain

How nice your student! It īs not always like that. I teach at a secondary school and some of my students don īt feel like learning English. What for? they say.
But I have also good students who think English is an important language and they want to improve every day.
Thanks for sharing your experiences with all of us.
Greetings from Spain.
Ana Maria

22 May 2010     

Akanah
Spain

What about when they call us "mom"? I can īt help but smile every single time that happens :=)
Olga

22 May 2010     

amicableann
Argentina

I agree!!! teaching 4 year olds is a great experience , I was also referred to as Mrs Hello!! and I īm proud of them when they greet me in the street saying Hello teacher! .Children are a great source of energy and they give back soo much! Have a nice weekend ! ana

22 May 2010     

clau
Argentina

My students call me mom most of the times... I work in a bilingual school so, sts spend all day with us. They call themselves brother or sister as well. In the school we have some animals such as sheep, horses, ducks, chicks and ducklings. Once, while we were walking in the park they saw the duck and its ducklings and they started calling me mother duck since they realised they were all following me in a line, just like the ducklings. They are so sweet!

22 May 2010     

andreaewa
Uruguay

Thanks for sharing!!
HAVE A NICE DAY

22 May 2010