Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Football Crazy    

Football Crazy

boydegg
Thailand

Football Crazy

Hi All

I hope you won �t mind me mentioning �Football Crazy � here - it �s too big to upload as a printable, but I want to share it with everyone.

Football Crazy is a 52 page book with colourful illustrations.

There are 12 short texts, each about different aspects of football (umm ... that �s �soccer � to our American cousins).

The book also has 24 exercises for developing various reading skills and vocabulary.

With the football World Cup about to begin, the text and exercises would be great to use as part of a lesson on sport.  Perfect for a reluctant reader with an interest in football.

Oh, did I mention?  It �s FREE to download.  Hope you like it:

Best wishes

Brian

22 May 2010      

atsanti85
Canada

Hi Brian!

Thanks for including this link!  And while I �m here say that I �m a big fan of Grammarman!
When �s he going to get out of that neverending hole? :P

Thanks so much for your website and keeping your materials free!  

Aileen

22 May 2010     

boydegg
Thailand

Hi Aileen

You �re very kind.  Thanks!

I �ll get Grammarman out of that neverending hole just as soon as I �ve dealt with my neverending workload.  Ha ha ha!!

Actually, I do have plans for the second half of that story.  Hopefully you �ll see it online before the end of this year.

For anyone who hasn �t read it, the tall story Aileen is talking about is here:

Cheers!

Brian

22 May 2010     

pollyanna_pl
Greece

Dear Brian,
Thanks so much for the link!
And thank you for all the free materials, too! It �s so generous of you!

Hope you will soon manage to get through the neverending workload! When you do, will you also share with us the secret of how to deal with it successfully? Smile I �ve been trying to for years, but alas! no luck!
Have a great weekend
Pollyanna

22 May 2010     

mariamit
Greece

Thank you so much Brian. This will come in so handy with students. They all love football!

22 May 2010     

serene
Greece

Thanks a lot, Brian, for sharing this great resource. Two groups of students at my school are also athletes, they love football, and I �m sure they �ll be very interested in these articles. 

22 May 2010     

nika114
Greece

Thanks alot for sharing!

22 May 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Thank you, Brian ! And for all interested in football, check out manyasha-ru �s worksheets ... "All about football"

22 May 2010     

boydegg
Thailand

You �re all very welcome!

Brian

22 May 2010