Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Donīt you ?    

Donīt you ?

Flora1
Brazil

Donīt you ?

Donīt you think some people exaggerate in the use of images and colours and some times the worksheet stats to appear a carnival party?

23 May 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi Flora,

Unfortunately, the "market" keeps rewarding people for uploading such ws. I guess we will just have to live with them and navigate around them.

Regards

23 May 2010     

ynroko1
Slovenia

Well we are all different - we like different things.
So download wshs that match your taste.

I personally don īt like the wsh with lots of pictures, because I can īt afford to print them out for all students I teach. And furthermore, a lot of those printed out pcs are in a way "deformed" with unusual size (you can īt edit them in most of the cases) and take more space than the space that is available to write (Students with handwriting problems usually need more space - wider lines etc.).

Have a nice week.
Y.

23 May 2010     

zailda
Brazil

There are ws for all kinds of needs here, each one chooses the wss that they like / need. Every day we have tons of wss to choose from, if the wss full of colors and pictures don īt satisfy someone īs taste, there īll always be plain ones.

Feel free to reward the ones who upload B&W wss, since many members seem to think they are worthy of more downloads than the others (unless they - for a reason I can īt get - download the others they say they don īt like).

Either if you download (prefer) the colored or the plain work, I want to remind you that we are not here to judge other people īs work. I īm Brazilian and can assure you that the colored ws won īt make any success in Brazilian carnival, since they are serious pieces of work intented to teach / practice English and carnival is a party to have fun.

Have a nice Sunday!

23 May 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Carnival at ESLprintables!?? Where? Can I join? LOL

23 May 2010     

Minka
Slovenia

The first thing I do: FORMAT: BACJGROUND : NO FILLING COLOUR
Then I do the same with all the shapes. Then the WSs look normal and often quite useful and good. And MORE FUNCTIONAL. I make BW copies anyway. 

23 May 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Well, I love it or leave it, but that is just me.

;o)

23 May 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

Well, ZAilda. I think you are being rude with me, but y we canīt change the way of people so go on!!!! And there a lot of great colourful material here but I am expressing my opinion about what sometimes I think.

23 May 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

yes, Ninka I do It sometimes but  I am not saying that I donīt like colourful material. What I want to say is that sometimes there are so many things and colours that confuses me. I also WANT TO SAY THAT I AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE BUT TO SHARE  WHAT I THINK!!!!

23 May 2010     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi Samantha,

Glad to see you are around again!
Hugs
Stella

23 May 2010     

savvinka
Russian Federation

The other day the people here discussed this problem of "overcoloured ws" which attract many teachers here, I wrote that I normally chose what I needed and it didn īt depend on pictures but on the content and that I felt happy and thankful for everyone who created the ws. One of the respected members of the site from Canada wrote to me that it was funny for her to read it because she didn īt download anything here, she has her own way of teaching... So, I īve understood there are A  L O O O O T OF different people and opinions here... Everyone follows his/her own purpose...

23 May 2010     

1    2    3    Next >