Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > active and passive    

active and passive

Babs1966
France

Passive Active lesson on Youtube

This one is very well done and lively ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYPdBpkMl4I

25 May 2010     

Lidia B.
Germany

Dear Zeina,

I �ve just contacted to my friend, who is a native speaker and she told me that there are  two schools in England. One says that using Present Perfect Continuous in the Passive form is not correct. And I �ve been taught so too. The other says that it is grammatically correct but it also recommented to use Active Voice.

My friend also told me, that nowadays nobody use Present Perfect Continuous etc.  in Passive Voice.

And I think, as we teach English as a foreign language, it is better to use Active Voice.

Hugs from Germany
Lidia

25 May 2010     

Apodo
Australia

QUOTE: Would this be better? Recently, the work has been being done by John

This is not the way a native speaker would say it. has been being done sounds very awkward to me - too many verbs. I think it would be better expressed in a different (and simpler) way depending on the meaning.

Recently John has been doing the work
Until recently the work has been done by John
The work is being done by John

25 May 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

mish:

A bed can be slept in

A

25 May 2010     

zeina monzer
Lebanon