Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Concerning wss - part 2    

Concerning wss - part 2

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Concerning wss - part 2

Hi,
yesterday Silvia started an interesting thread (http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=19674  ) and after seeing some wss today I would like to hear more opinions. The thing is that today I saw 3 wss by one of our members. Each wss contains of 3 huge pictures, lots of lines and task: Students look at the picture and describe the natural place using as many details as he can.
I am not trying to talk about quality here, but this kind of wss is something anybody can do in 5 minutes. If I wanted to do exercises like this, I won�t waste paper and ink but I would show pictures and children could describe them into their notebooks. What do you think about this issue?

25 May 2010      

donapeter
Romania

Nooooo...nooo....beat this: Write about your favorite something: lines lines lines lines ( I think the purpose of the lines is to limit the fantasy of the writerLOL ) or Talk about your summer holiday, bla, bla, bla.:lines lines lines. 
ORRRR....and this is my favorite: Draw a lion, bla, bla, bla: lines lines lines. 
BUT they both are ESL resources as they have a TASK!!!

Please M, adapt yourself to the modern  teaching resources. 

25 May 2010     

veljaca82
Australia

If you ask me such wss should not be uploaded here. anyone can write a sentence or two and paste some pictures. just waste of space on the site...

25 May 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

According to the rules these are allowed. They are minimalistic and make you (and me) angry, but they are not against the rules

It would be extremely difficult to establish a new rule concerning something like "minimum content" or "minimum effort". How would you attempt to define minimum content?

So let �s leave it as it is and let �s be assured that these worksheets won �t get any downloads and therefore disappear from the site sooner or later.

And they will teach the person who uploaded them a lesson on "what goes" and what doesn �t.

25 May 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Let the market decide..... ;o)

25 May 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Maybe Victor could give his opinion. When I first signed in, a minimum of 5 members (I think) had to aprove the worksheets. I think my first 5 or 6 were not accepted. This forced me to do better. Now we vote for the aproval of  on line exercises, wouldn �t it be interesting to vote also for the aproval of worksheets? I think the fact that every worksheet is accepted makes some users lazy. They send anything they have and in a short time this server could be overloaded. It is not true that 0 downloaded worksheets disappear after some time. And what about worksheets which have one or two downloads? I don �t want to be the juge of other member �s work, my worksheets are far from perfect, but I think that it might be stimulating and make people more crative, if we don �t accept everything.

25 May 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I don �t want to be the jugde of other member �s work, my worksheets are far from perfect, but I think that it might be stimulating and make people more creative, if we don �t accept everything.

Sorry, Sylvia, but I think if we stopped accepting almost everything, some people would only become more creative in stealing other people �s work... I apologise in advance for being so pessimistic, but that �s my opinion.

25 May 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I didn �t say we should stop accepting almost everything, just worksheets with one title and a buch of lines. But, of course, this was just an opinion.

25 May 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hahaha, dona...LOL
I would consider my resources being modern but I may be dreaming.
BTW - my students (even the smallest ones) prefer good word and my enthusiastic shouts of approval rather than diplomas. I stopped wasting paper for them when I found some diplomas in the bin.
Have a great TuesdayThumbs Up

25 May 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

I don �t think our job is to make colleagues more creative
The aim of this site is to share material.
If worksheets witn zero downloads do NOT disappear, although it says so somewhere, that �s a good sign for the server not being overloaded. I suppose Victor would arrange for them to be chucked out if there was little space left.
Was there a group of moderators who had the right to vote on worksheets? And how could they cope with the tremendous diversity, from simple colouring sheets to interpretations of Shakespeare?

25 May 2010