Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Project: THE WORLD CUP in our classroom!    

Project: THE WORLD CUP in our classroom!

Samantha.esl
Italy

Project: THE WORLD CUP in our classroom!

Hello everyone!

I �m in search of ideas to work on the topic THE WORLD CUP in the classroom.
I mean... since it �s an event which catches eveyone �s attention to an inmense extend... I �m trying to take advantage of students � deep interest in football. Handshake
I have some ideas I �m working on but I would love to �read � yours and maybe add more interesting worldwide ideas to my project!!
For my elementary students I �m preparing some activities based on football players � personal information and biography. Also, I �ve prepared some activities to use with the song " Waving Flag". FIfa anthem.
Other activities to do with South Africa �s geographical area, location important cities etc..Using mind maps and listenings if possible.
 For my pre-intermediate students I thought about doing activities to talk about Mandela, apartheid...

I don �t know!!! what about you!? any more exciting ideas???
Lamp

25 May 2010      

estefy_busso
Argentina

Hello Samantha! I love your ideas!!! I �m also preparing a project about the World Cup! I have some ideas, I have 2 courses, 4th and 5th grade in primary school, they are 9 and 10 years old, but I have very little time to work with them. What I wanted to do is to work with countries, maybe not all the countries that are included in the World Cup, but the majority of them.

With the flags, I �m thinking of recycling colours. I love the idea of working with the players, this way, I �ll teach them for example: Messi is from Argentina. He is Argentinian, and so on. The idea of working with personal information is great! I didn �t think about that, I �ll take it into account!

I �ll also give my Ss fixtures with the matches, so then we talk about the results, which country won, and the number of goals (to recycle numbers!).

Then, I �ll also work with "Waving flag" song, my two courses love singing. Which activities would you recommend to work with this song?

I don �t know if this could be useful for you, I really like this topic, and your ideas are very nice!Thumbs Up

Regards from Argentina!

Estefy   Hug

25 May 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hello!!!
Thank you so much for your answer Estefy!! Great!

Hugs!

26 May 2010     

andreaewa
Uruguay

I planned a Thematic Unit with the world cup, if you want I can send it to you by e-mail.

26 May 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Hi! I �ve prepared a simple ws about the topic, for highschool ss. Also, a colleague here,
manyasha-ru , has very nice ws about football - she loves it !

26 May 2010     

procei
Brazil

Hello...

I am preparing some activities and I have post some on esl.... take a look...

26 May 2010