Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > World Cup project    

World Cup project

andreaewa
Uruguay

World Cup project

I know most of us are going to work with the football world cup because many countries participate and our students LOVE football. I planned to link a thematic unit I have to work with, to this event so, my students are going to investigate and then share what they discover with all the community in a "countries fair" where they share information ,music, costumes, photos, meals and all the typical things they can find about the country.
I thought it would be a great opportunity for us to get together and share our work related to the WORLD CUP.
What do you think?
I am going to ask for some volunteers from the participating countries if you want to help my students with any questions they might have related to your country and I also offer our help if you want to know more about URUGUAY.
I was thinking about investigating:
Typical food and drink. (use of simple present)
Music.
Clothes.
Landscapes. (description of places)
Traditions. (some history, past simple)
Best football player in the team (description of people, comparisons)
May be we can work together and add more things.
Hope you like the idea!!
See you. Andrea

26 May 2010      

estefy_busso
Argentina

Andrea your idea is brilliant! I love it!!! Very complete and entertaining!!! Clap

26 May 2010     

Sara26
Brazil

Great idea, Andrea! Count me in!
Good nite!

26 May 2010