Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Poem about a wooden doll and a wax doll    

Poem about a wooden doll and a wax doll

lshorton99
China

Poem about a wooden doll and a wax doll

Hi everyone

My friend was telling me about a poem her grandmother use to recite to her about a wooden doll and a wax doll and we �ve been trying to track it down. Part of it has something about the wax doll �s nose melting off.

The only one I �ve been able to find is one �The Wooden Doll and the Wax Doll � by Adelaide O �Keefe, sometimes attributed to Ann Taylor, about two girls called Blanchidine and Brunette, and it �s not that one. I know it �s very old and I wondered if anyone one here might know it or also have been told it as a child.

I realise this isn �t the usual request but it would make my friend �s day if I could find it!

Lindsey

28 May 2010      

aliciapc
Uruguay

Sorry Lindsey, I �ve been trying but no luck either! I �ll have a look later, though and let you know if I find sth.

28 May 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Is this what you �re looking for?

28 May 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

No, manonski, she said that that one wasn �t . It �s hard to find !!

28 May 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Oops, I read to fast. Will keep looking.

28 May 2010     

lshorton99
China

Thanks guys - I �m making it my mission to track this down! I really appreciate the help!

Hug

28 May 2010     

plemos
Portugal

Manonski, what a lovely book!!! Thanks

28 May 2010     

viccxx
Greece

Who was  the poem by?? Do you remeber a verse or something that can help??
I just found one about a lost doll and �The Wooden Doll and the Wax Doll" that you mentioned.

28 May 2010     

lshorton99
China

I �ll ask my friend for more details!!!

28 May 2010