Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Yes, we are all stupid!    

Yes, we are all stupid!

blunderbuster
Germany

Yes, we are all stupid!

No, sorry, I am just talking about myself.

But seriously, we will never find out if you upload someone else �s work and pass it off as yours. Do it, keep doing it because it will give you points and you can download ws and make your students life so much better, nevermind your own life.

Sorry, wrong! We know what is whose and with the new "search content by user feature" it has become even easier to find the original.

I do think that we should give an award to Vanda51, though!

Not only does she make very nice ws, she seems to be the single most copied contributor here. And the copies never stop! You rock, Vanda!

Regards

(Please forgive me for picking this non-self-explanatory title. And everything else which you think is wrong with it ;o)

28 May 2010      

olaola
Italy

I always wondered how these people can be teachers and example for their students...

28 May 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

A few days ago, somebody uploaded one of my games as her/his own work. However, if wakebeauty hadn �t PMed me, I wouldn �t even have noticed it. The copy has meanwhile been removed by the moderators, so everything is fine again for me now.

What I want to say is that if there weren �t so many good "detectives" at ESLP, this website would be full of copied wss from Vanda!! Her work is quite easy to recognise, but there are too many people who don �t care about reporting copied wss and that �s why I �m very grateful for those users who DO care and who DO report a ws when they are sure that it is copied from another member...

I would like to take this opportunity to encourage everyone of you not to be too hesitant when it comes to reporting copied wss! It doesn �t really matter whether a ws has been taken from another website or whether it is a total copy of a ws which has been created by one of our users - please, don �t close your eyes!!

After having been informed about the fact that some lazy person had uploaded my creation as their own work, I felt really annoyed the other day... Just imagine what Vanda must feel like! As we know and as blunderbuster stated her wss are copied almost every day!!!!

28 May 2010     

Sahumah
Mauritania

Oh No!! How sad!! Angry Those people are thieves.. I  really hate it..

28 May 2010     

lovemykids
Uruguay

You are right Sahumah, it �s really sad..

28 May 2010     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi blunder
You �re absolutely right, Vanda rocks! She must be by far the most copied contributor here, yet I �ve never seen her complaining.

28 May 2010     

L. habach
Morocco

I wonder how could these so called teachers instil good values in their students. Really, it �s a disgrace.

28 May 2010     

lockman
Morocco

I ve not yet gone over the 400 points but I feel very proud.It is MY WORK 50 or 100% mine!

I wonder how those owning points and receiving applause for things that are NOT theirs feel.
It is a disgrace.The least they can do I guess is to recognize  AND SAY THAT.
HOW SHAMEFUL

29 May 2010     

lshorton99
China

Regina

As always, you make an excellent point. I �ve often marvelled at some of the copies found on this site with a WTF when the same person has uploaded yet another obvious copy or the cells are still visible. I sometimes feel like saying �if you �re going to copy, could you at least pretend to make an effort not to get caught! � though I know that �s not the point!!!

Lindsey

29 May 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

*lol* Lindsey...

That �s exactly what I thought this week, because the person who had uploaded my printable hadn �t even bothered to delete my copyright clue which would have made it at least a little bit easier for her/him to get away with her/his theft!

29 May 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

If Vanda complained every time someone uploads her wss she wouldn �t have time to do anything else and we wouldn �t have any more of her creations.

It �s annoying when someone uploads our work (or someone else �s) as his and some even have some effort to abridge the ws. Some use other person �s worksheet as a starting point to insert his content and it �s also to be considered a theft (sorry, I refuse on using other word, for me a theft is a theft and someone who takes another person belongings is in fact a thief, so - sorry if this word sounds too much strong for your sensitive ears...)

I �d like to introduce here "the parts" of work that are taken without permission. Whenever I want to use another person �s things I do ask for permission first. I don �t ignore the person �s rights on his own work and go ahead as some (thieves, sorry again) do.

I �ve seen some pictures taken from my wss (which I spent hours editing) in other members � wss. It was unfair because they (more than one person!!!) only rearranged them and prepared a ws on the same subject! Gosh! I  would�ve sent the pictures if only they had asked me, but they didn �t.

I didn �t report the wss, even if I felt I could. But as Silke said in other thread on the forum, I �m trying to be sweeter and don �t cause trouble to other members who want the site "as friendly as it was before"... (I don �t know what "before" means... before I registered here? maybe...)

In fact I �m for the reporting and whenever I notice a "suspicious" or "too familiar" work I check, even if some think I do it because "I don �t have a life". Caring about the others is one of the reasons I report all the copies I find here. I didn �t want to moderate, but when I see so many copies I can �t pretend I don �t see. I refrain from voting in some cases, but theft is one of the cases that makes me get to work as a moderator again. Sorry for the members who would feel more comfortable without me in the reporting page, but if they don �t want me moderating, the best they can do is to find a way to stop the copiers.

I only have to lament for the copiers � students. And I wonder if they do something when they catch a student in the act of cheating in a test. They shouldn �t, since their students are just following in their teacher �s footsteps...

Have a nice weekend.

29 May 2010     

1    2    Next >