Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Cooking Lesson    

Cooking Lesson

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

Cooking Lesson

Hiiiiiiii

I have a cooking lesson to do. Any ideas????

2 x 1.5 hours over 2 days. It �s for secondary school kids.

If anyone has any recipies or ideas that can fit that time slot I would love to hear from you.

29 May 2010      

GIOVANNI
Canada

I gave my class a cooking lesson and it turned out to be one of our most enjoyable classes.  What facilities do you have at your school?  Do you have a kitchen or will you be doing it in your classroom?

29 May 2010     

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

GIOVANNI
Canada

I gave my class a cooking lesson and it turned out to be one of our most enjoyable classes.  What facilities do you have at your school?  Do you have a kitchen or will you be doing it in your classroom?

29 May 2010     

Yes, ...
we have a complete kitchen so nothing is off limits Party

29 May 2010     

lili79
Czech Republic

IN ONE OF MY ENGLISH CLASSES, WE ONCE MADE A TYPICAL ENGLISH BREAKFAST USING A DVD WITH JAMIE OLIVER. U CAN COMBINE ENGLISH TEACHING WITH COOKING THIS WAY. IT WAS GREAT AND MY STUDENTS FELL IN LOVE WITH JAMIE AS I HAD. IT DOESNT NECESSARILY HAVE TO BE THE BREAKFAST, WHATEVER HE TOUCHES BECOMES BLESSED�Smile

29 May 2010     

Babs1966
France

When I do cooking lessons it �s for halloween ... we make halloween cookies in special shapes with cutouts which I bought in the USA or a Pumpkin pie .... I �ve got the recipies if you are interested Wink

29 May 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

i made a class that was tittle beverage around the world. i picked 10 diff countries  and search for easy tipical drinks, prepare a poster with basic info about the countires and and we made their drinks , they learned about the countries and spoke english and enjoyed the class... one we made was a tipical beverage famous here in puerto rico that is called pina colada, is made from pinapple juice, coconut  and ice mixed in a blender with a cherry to garnish is easy and delicious .

29 May 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

We divided the class into groups.  Each group picked a country and did a presentation on that country.  Each group chose a recipe and we prepared it in class.   At the same time we learned about measurements, and vocabulary on cooking.  It was lots of fun as we got to eat later.  There were only three groups.  You could also have the class chose one country out of the presentations and just prepare something from that country.  The recipe was prepared by the students and they gave a step by step demonstration of the recipe.

29 May 2010     

priorita
Ukraine

Hello, Darryl!
All the ideas are great and I am sure you will have great time with your students while turning them into reality. Have you seen the movie "Julie and Julia"? It �s great and very ... heart-warming, I �d say. As a result of your lessons you could ask your students to write down and share their thoughts and feelings about cooking. It �s a little bit magic for me. 

29 May 2010     

dawnmain
United Kingdom

I do no-cook recipes with the students.

Trifle - a typical British dessert made of layered jelly, fruit sponge, custard and whipped cream, decorate with cherries and grated chocolate.

biscuit cake - layers of milk soacked bu�iscuits, whipped cream and marmalade, covered in melted chocolate

31 May 2010